Dark Park

Assets Dark Park

Thanks for the Illustration VamTastic

I guess then for coming closer to this only bloom some objects, it is worth trying out the particles/standard unlit shader you mentioned.
I'll try this out occasionally.

It was important to me to simply know what was roughly possible and what wasn't.
You're illustration shows, that it is possible to lower the glow effect on general, while it
remains on a certain object.
I guess its just playing around with it and find out what works.

Thanks for the Illustration VamTastic

I guess then for coming closer to this only bloom some objects, it is worth trying out the particles/standard unlit shader you mentioned.
I'll try this out occasionally.

It was important to me to simply know what was roughly possible and what wasn't.
You're illustration shows, that it is possible to lower the glow effect on general, while it
remains on a certain object.
I guess its just playing around with it and find out what works.
No harm in trying the particles/standard unlit shader in the materials menu ,it is meant for using with a particle effect say like fire ,but as a static image
seems to work work well.
i may give it a try myself at some point ,as it seems to work better with the PostMagic bloom .
your right though, its about playing around and see what works.

Hmmm... i just wanted to try out this.
But problems over problems :cautious:
Not with the Shader or something like that.
I have it now, that the AssetbundleBrowser doesn't build anymore, when i click on the build button.
Didn't do any special, changed no settings. Settings all as before.
Is this a problem you do have also sometimes? And how can that be fixed?

Hmmm... i just wanted to try out this.
But problems over problems :cautious:
Not with the Shader or something like that.
I have it now, that the AssetbundleBrowser doesn't build anymore, when i click on the build button.
Didn't do any special, changed no settings. Settings all as before.
Is this a problem you do have also sometimes? And how can that be fixed?
i did have an issue once when the AssetBundleBrowser didn't work, as the AssetBundleBrowser has an editor folder
i think i installed a addon package and it messed things up. i had to copy over back the assetbundle editor folder from a backup.
also depending on the size of the asset it can take a while for the AssetBundleBrowser to process .

Ok, Assetbundlebrowser works again.
I guess it was because of a script, which i tested and had in the project. Forgot about that :rolleyes:

Now i tested the Particles/Standard Unlit shader,
and this shader with emission has definitely the highest glow effect with MacGrubers Post Magic.

1714299609487.png

Since I mentioned it already, regarding the script, i wanted to make the program stay in the scene mode, when i press play.
Not going into the Play mode. But didn't work.
Is there an option in unity i can do that.
Also, can i disable in unity, that VR gets started, when i press the play button?

Ok, Assetbundlebrowser works again.
I guess it was because of a script, which i tested and had in the project. Forgot about that :rolleyes:

Now i tested the Particles/Standard Unlit shader,
and this shader with emission has definitely the highest glow effect with MacGrubers Post Magic.

View attachment 360643
Great test Ghostwalden, yeah that shader makes a big difference .

Since I mentioned it already, regarding the script, i wanted to make the program stay in the scene mode, when i press play.
Not going into the Play mode. But didn't work.
Is there an option in unity i can do that.
Also, can i disable in unity, that VR gets started, when i press the play button?
yes when you press play button > press on #scene next to Game .
i don't have VR , so i get an error saying OpenVR failed to initialize .
having the VR settings is helpful when Vam users that do have VR can see your asset in VR .

Thanks
Yes this is what i do, after i press play, it opens the game tab and then i press again on the #scene tab, to go back to the scene.
Hoped there is an option, that it stays in the scene and i dont have to press the scene tab every time after pressing play.

Hm... VR Mode doesn't make sense for me in unity, because i only see the scene in VR, but can't do something with the controller
or move around in the scene. Means it is just loading some VR Programms in Unity everytime i press play, which i don't need.
Bur sure, if you dont have VR, this isn't something i can expect you to answer :)
Maybe someday i will find out how to solve this ;)

A general comment about bloom in 3D rendering: Bloom is a property of the camera, not the light source. That's why it's full scene or nothing. In Daz Studio, with Iray, this is quite noticeable. Objects quite far from the light source show bloom, when they should actually act like they would without bloom. It looks like Vam has the same problem. For still images in Daz, you can layer the result of two renders. In Vam, you can't do that. Here are some images where I was trying to get the glowing elf eyes effect using bloom. Her eye surface is emissive:

No bloom (default):
SyndraG8-test006.jpg

Bloom on (notice bloom effect on bra):
SyndraG8-test005.jpg

Nicely layered so the emission of the eyes are the only area with bloom:
SyndraG8-test005-6.jpg

Thanks for the Information SlimerJSpud

I already heard that somewhere, that this has to do with the camera.
We have to live with that then, that everything in the scene is affectet by bloom,
and we only can control that a bit by the settings and maps of the different materials.

Back
Top Bottom