Cubic Christmas Bedroom

Scenes Cubic Christmas Bedroom

I must me missing something, the environment looks in VR as if it was exported for a different head set. It looks distorted or shifted. not sure how to explain it.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I dont have a VR headset yet, so I can't test it.
I will try to borrow an headset from a friend.

I haven't seen anywere an information saying that I have to set something at somepoint in order to have the VR to work properly.

So I don't know if the issue is on your side or mine.

If someone have any idea, please help.
All feedback is welcome.

The scene has to be exported/built for VR.

Thx for the videos.

having the same issue. other then that it looks great.

It works fine on Vive. What headset do you use?

I use the "ready to export" UnityAssetBundles-Project-20200307 made by MacGruber. I think that it is supposed to work fine out of the box.

MacGruber's guide

I will try to make an update using the informations linked by Georgette in the following days.

I mainly use the Quest 2 but I have a Windows Mixed Reality and have tried it on that with the same issue. I'm no pro but I have made my own scenes without issues. That second video linked by Georgette seems a bit complicated and I have never had to do that. Attached are my VR settings in Unity. You may just have to download the XR Plugin and oculus sdk's. Here's a link https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-import/ Then for export I use the AssetBundle Browser. Here's a link to that https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/AssetBundles-Browser Hope this helps because you do some great work.
VR setup.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm, does not work in VR, but looks nice on screenshot. Will wait for fixed version

I mainly use the Quest 2 but I have a Windows Mixed Reality and have tried it on that with the same issue. I'm no pro but I have made my own scenes without issues. That second video linked by Georgette seems a bit complicated and I have never had to do that. Attached are my VR settings in Unity. You may just have to download the XR Plugin and oculus sdk's. Here's a link https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-import/ Then for export I use the AssetBundle Browser. Here's a link to that https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/AssetBundles-Browser Hope this helps because you do some great work.

I can confirm, does not work in VR, but looks nice on screenshot. Will wait for fixed version

Previously I had a camera on my scene in Unity and exported it. I removed the camera and was hoping that it could fixed the issue. Apparently not.

I downloaded the XR plugin and occulus sdk from the asset store, but the version was not compatible with unity 2018, and I can't import it in 2018. So I imported it in Unity 2021, exported the package and reimported it in 2018. Maybe I did it wrong, I can be noobish sometimes. My preject settings were already like the ones from Skippy111taz.

I will try to reimport the XR plugin and the oculus sdk's directly from the occulus website to see if it changes something.
As I said, I use a premade unity project that is supposed to be ready to go for VaM. I have multiple feedback that it work in VR, so I really hope that I will be able to fixed this issue, if it's on my side, so everyone can enjoy my environments.

And thanks for the compliments.

Same issue for me. Scene looks beautiful on desktop. But the moment I hop into VR I see each eye has a different projection which distorts the image field.

Device: Quest 2

DUDE!!!😲 It was that F@#ing Post Magic Plugin!!!!😠 I've had issues with that plugin before causing the menu to dissapear. When trying to record a video to show MacGruber, I ended up getting the non vr view in my headset.
I was just trying your scene again, it totally reminded me of that issue. So for shit's and giggle's I found and removed the Post Magic plugin. And BAM!!! it works and looks great in VR. Just to be sure I tried it on both my WMR and Oculus.
So scrap that plugin and let the user run it seperatly and it should to be good to go just in time for Christmas🎄.

Merry Christmas, and keep up the great work(y)

DUDE!!!😲 It was that F@#ing Post Magic Plugin!!!!😠 I've had issues with that plugin before causing the menu to dissapear. When trying to record a video to show MacGruber, I ended up getting the non vr view in my headset.
I was just trying your scene again, it totally reminded me of that issue. So for shit's and giggle's I found and removed the Post Magic plugin. And BAM!!! it works and looks great in VR. Just to be sure I tried it on both my WMR and Oculus.
So scrap that plugin and let the user run it seperatly and it should to be good to go just in time for Christmas🎄.

Merry Christmas, and keep up the great work(y)
Thanks a lot!
I will publish both of them, with and without Post Magic. I want to put forward the one with Post Magic, because it enhance the visual and ruins the VR for (apparently) only a fiew. So a made 2 saves of the scene and when I made the .var I selected both of them. I dont know the procedure, for the people who had trouble with Post Magic, to use the save without Post Magic when there are 2 saves in 1 .var.. As an experienced creator/user, do you have any idea? It schould be very simple but I am very new to VaM.

Anyway, be sure that I will not forget that you helped me a lot. :)

When ever I use Post Magic I set up a Toggle to turn it off and on. Try going with just one scene that has Post Magic on a toggle and is turned off from the start. I can confirm the plugin dose work on the scene. Here's how I have set up your scene to work for me.
-Remove PostMagic from the scene plugins
-Create an "Empty" and name it "AutoFocusPoint" (also good for the auto focus feature of the plugin).
-Apply PostMagic to the Empty atom
-Uncheck the "On" toggle for the Empty atom
-Create a "UIToggle" atom and label it as PostMagic.
-Add Toggle Action to the UIToggle. Reciever Atom: AutoFocustPoint > Receiver: AtomControl > Reciever Target: ToggleOn
Now when you check the box on the toggle PostMagic will turn on.
Post Magic Solution.jpg

Thank you so much!

I am done! (hopefully)
For some reason, when I load my scene after this setup with PostMagic toggled off by default, the toggle do not activate the LUT parameter (vignette, bloom and anti-aliasing work fine), and I can't access the customs UI of the PostMagic parameters anymore.
So I made it activated by default and if people have issue, they will have to turn it off.

Subsidiary question : Do you know if there is a way to hide those ugly/immersion breaking UI Toggles?

So now that you mention it, I'm having the same issue with that PostMagic Plugin and loading the scene with it not activated. I would have to reload the plugin for it to work again. But for what it's worth I'm noticing that your scene loads just fine with the PostMagic Plugin activated on the empty atom. So the toggle isn't nedded I guess. But it's still a personal prefrence for myself. So the main issue with the whole non vr thing must have just been that PostMagic Plugin was set up on the scene plugin instead of an atom. I seriously hate that plugin for all the little issues it causes, but at the same time love it because it makes the scene and images turn out so much better.
As for the ugly toggle you can adjust the alpha of the background around the font. you can also change the colors too. You colud also set it up on buttons (but is on a timer), collision or look at triggers. There's many ways you can trigger things in Vam, you just got to get creative. I'm glad to see we have managed to get everything working now though.
Screenshot 2022-12-24 162902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom