• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Creating a ghost

ivam

Reactions
Hey there,
I was a little bored and tried to create a ghost Character. At first everything worked as planned. I use Luminestrial's Figure Designer scene because of the good lightings. Then i added the HideSkinByMask plugin which makes most of this character invisible. Next I alpha'd all the remaining face parts and added the geoshell oily skin by SupaRioAmateur and played around with the settings to create a ghostly, see-through appearance.
1660500314.jpg

At first it turned out pretty nice and I was happy with the result. But when I loaded him into another scene He looked absolutely terrible. There were artifacts all over the body
1660499916.jpg1660499947.jpg

I figured out that the "Global Illum Master Intesity" in scene lighting has a big impact to this. if i turn it from 0.1 to 0 (which is standard in the character creation scene) it gets a little better but they are still there and make the whole thing look ugly
1660500022.jpg1660500035.jpg

If you look closely to the creation scene u can also notice these artifacts but i guess the good lighting hides them a bit. I would like to make it work in all Environments and Lighting situations. I also played around with the performance tab and turned everything up to the max and down to the minimum but i can never get rid of this shit. Does anyone of you have an idea how i can solve this?

Sorry to reply to your question with a more basic question, but I'm trying to make a ghost and ran across your attempt. What did you mean by "alpha'd all the remaining face parts"? I'm just looking for a little translucent skin. Adjusting alpha similar to clothing was my 1st thought but I can't find anything like that under the skin materials or textures settings.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
It's easier than you might think xD In the character settings on the left side there are those tabs "mouth materials", "Tongue materials", ... in the top right corner of these tabs you click on "shader" and check the "Hide Material" - box. And that's it

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom