Create an editable textbox in the scene

bot1789

Reactions
Hello guys!
I would like to ask if there is a way to add an editable UIText object to the scene (to use it as a dialogbox to send messages to a chatbot)? It seems that the text of the default UIText atom cannot be edited from the scene (only from its menu). Maybe it is possible with a script?

You can change the text of a UIText using a trigger.
Thank you for your reply!
However, this option does not suit me. Because I want to play on the desktop and want to type my message to the chatbot, as shown in the video:
But instead of using the "Type your message" text input field in the plugin menu, I want to use a 3D text field in the scene to type my message.

Instructions and and questions regarding the plugin should be done in the resource's discussion area so that the creator can see them.

Instructions and and questions regarding the plugin should be done in the resource's discussion area so that the creator can see them.
Oh, yes. This is my plugin. I just wanted to add this feature to the plugin.

Oh damn, I had no idea :LOL:
Yeah, I don't know how to make plugins so I'm way off to be able to help on that side of things. My suggestion is to go to VaM's discord and ask in the scripts/plugins area, you'll find other plugin makers who can advise better.

Back
Top Bottom