CollisionManager

Plugins CollisionManager

CheesyFX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
CheesyFX submitted a new resource:

CollisionManager - Choose atoms which should not collide with the containing atom

I wrote this for @BigBoobCoomBlast69 , but it can be useful for everyone who wants to build structures with native VAM shapes. Now you can overlap them without disabling their collision with other atoms.

Add this to any atom and disable the collision with this atom and a set of other atoms you choose.

Read more about this resource...

Hi! This plugin is just what I was looking for in order to do one of my scene mechanics, however, I have encountered issues.
1) I used ISPhere and ISCapsule plugins on the Person atom and set the plugin to ignore collisions with said person. Story wise this is to block player touch access to certain zones. When I added the plugin into the scene, everything worked as intended. However, when I loaded the scene again, weird collision issues started to happen with the butt, as you will see in the attached video. You can see there that re-enabling soft butt physics fixes it for soft-physics on state, but without them enabled still an issue.
2) this one is pretty serious as it breaks the scene editing: the atoms to which the plugin is attached can not be selected in the trigger menu. They just don't appear. Removing the plugin from them, saving the scene and then loading a scene without them fixes the issue. You can see this in the second part of the video.

Can these be fixed somehow? The plugin is a no doubt a powerful tool!

Hey! Glad you find it useful. The first issue appears when you disable collision with the person while soft physics is off. If you set it to on later the soft colliders will collide with the object. This is due to them being disabled in the first place, so the plugin does not cach them. I'll release a fixed version.

I can't reproduce the second error though, nor should this plugin do anything to the storables an atom has.

Hey! Glad you find it useful. The first issue appears when you disable collision with the person while soft physics is off. If you set it to on later the soft colliders will collide with the object. This is due to them being disabled in the first place, so the plugin does not cach them. I'll release a fixed version.

I can't reproduce the second error though, nor should this plugin do anything to the storables an atom has.
Cheers for the update! I can send you the scene it happens in if you are willing to test it there. What worries me is that I can only see them after I remove the plugin.

Cheers for the update! I can send you the scene it happens in if you are willing to test it there. What worries me is that I can only see them after I remove the plugin.
Would be better if you'd tell me the exact steps to reproduce, starting from a default scene.

Would be better if you'd tell me the exact steps to reproduce, starting from a default scene.
1. Create Empty Scene
2. Add ISSphere atom
3. Add Collision Manager to ISSphere
4. Confirm that it is visible in any trigger menu (for example it's own CollisionTrigger tab)
5. Save the scene
6. Load the scene again
7. Confirm in any trigger menu that it is visible (for example it's own CollisionTrigger tab)

For me in empty scene at step #7 it is already not visible, no settings in the plugin, just having it in the atom

Back
Top Bottom