Question Can you export model .obj with rig/bones?

Jiraiya

Reactions
So I exported a model as an obj. I loaded it into Unity and made it look nice with the materials/textures etc. Only, it can't move.
There is no rig so I can't apply humanoid animations to it in Unity.
Did I do something wrong? Does it just not output any form of rig for animation?

It only exports an .obj without the rig. For a rigged model, you will need to go through daz3d. Use morph merger in VAM to get your look as a single morph. Then use VAMtoDAZ to transfer your morph and add it to a Genesis 2 model in Daz and export it as an .fbx to get it into unity.

Upvote 0
So I exported a model as an obj. I loaded it into Unity and made it look nice with the materials/textures etc. Only, it can't move.
There is no rig so I can't apply humanoid animations to it in Unity.
Did I do something wrong? Does it just not output any form of rig for animation?
Take the t-pose obj from VAM and import into Blender. Then export as a fbx (this fixes the number of materials) open mixamo.com and import the fbx ... rig it and then add animation to it or just export it. Import into Unity and on the material tab do legacy import (top button) it will reduce the amount if materials.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom