Question Can I get Voice chat on VamX using Quest 3.

BuntaLover

Reactions
Hi all I am very new to this so please bear with me.

I am a Patreon supporter of Vam and Vamx. I purchased the most comprehensive packages for both including A.I Chat.

I have it running on my PC and have been able to successfully see my VR friend On both desktop and with my Quest 3 in VR. I put the password in and unlocked chat but can’t seem to get anything other than a keyboard to communicate with.

Is there a way to use the Quest Headset Microphone to communicate with the A.I?

Many Thanks

VOXTA <-Hub Link is the best i've seen out now. Incorporates (AI) LLM, (output) TTS, (Input) STT and i have a quest 3, pretty freaking cool.

Upvote 0

Update see below​

Are you sending me on a wild goose chase here?
Look at the 2nd bullet point it says ‘Talk to VaM characters and Hear Them Reply:No typing or reading required’

How do I get this on my current Vanilla VamX Install, Do I need more plugins or Not?
Do I need this VOXTA thing you are mentioning and is that strictly necessary to be able to use voice chat with the Quest 3, If so how do I get that plug-in and install it?

Are you trying to get me to install a third party plug-in when it is already included with the VamX build I paid for and downloaded?

I hope you will respond because your answer was quite short, looking like an advert for a 3rd party plug-in?

VIP + AI + ChatGPT​

£16.50/month
You want to explore this new world of AI adult applications. Includes Chat GPT and NSFW AI models for realistic sexual dialogue and speech in vamX. Includes vamX and vamX VIP Extras, and is intended for people who already own Virt-A-Mate 1.22. Released as a research preview.

What’s included​

• Integrated ChatGPT & NSFW AI Chat in vamX
  • Talk to VaM Characters and Hear Them Reply: No typing or reading required
  • Development Builds and VIP Extras
  • Direct Support & Suggestions
  • The Latest Version of vamX
  • All Regular and VIP Content
  • Multiple high performance AI servers for a fast response.
  • Early Access to All Content and Servers

Thankyou I see you have posted a link, is this the official plugin to get voice chat? Is Voice chat not included with the VIP+ patreon subscription, I am super confused.😕 I don’t know why they would make a VIP subscription and then just provide text chat like it is back in the 1990’s playing those games like ‘alternate life’, I tried using the virtual keyboard with the quest 3 and talking to my virtual friend and it was not such a fun experience having to try and spastically click on every letter With the keyboard floating in the air upside down and out of focus.

Can you tell me how to install this, do I need to back Another Patreon or download more plug ins?

I am very new to this. Do I have to download other plugins or sponsor other Patreon to get voice chat?

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Update see below​

Are you sending me on a wild goose chase here?
Look at the 2nd bullet point it says ‘Talk to VaM characters and Hear Them Reply:No typing or reading required’

How do I get this on my current Vanilla VamX Install, Do I need more plugins or Not?
Do I need this VOXTA thing you are mentioning and is that strictly necessary to be able to use voice chat with the Quest 3, If so how do I get that plug-in and install it?

Are you trying to get me to install a third party plug-in when it is already included with the VamX build I paid for and downloaded?

I hope you will respond because your answer was quite short, looking like an advert for a 3rd party plug-in?

VIP + AI + ChatGPT​

£16.50/month
You want to explore this new world of AI adult applications. Includes Chat GPT and NSFW AI models for realistic sexual dialogue and speech in vamX. Includes vamX and vamX VIP Extras, and is intended for people who already own Virt-A-Mate 1.22. Released as a research preview.

What’s included​

• Integrated ChatGPT & NSFW AI Chat in vamX
  • Talk to VaM Characters and Hear Them Reply: No typing or reading required
  • Development Builds and VIP Extras
  • Direct Support & Suggestions
  • The Latest Version of vamX
  • All Regular and VIP Content
  • Multiple high performance AI servers for a fast response.
  • Early Access to All Content and Servers

Thankyou I see you have posted a link, is this the official plugin to get voice chat? Is Voice chat not included with the VIP+ patreon subscription, I am super confused.😕 I don’t know why they would make a VIP subscription and then just provide text chat like it is back in the 1990’s playing those games like ‘alternate life’, I tried using the virtual keyboard with the quest 3 and talking to my virtual friend and it was not such a fun experience having to try and spastically click on every letter With the keyboard floating in the air upside down and out of focus.

Can you tell me how to install this, do I need to back Another Patreon or download more plug ins?

I am very new to this. Do I have to download other plugins or sponsor other Patreon to get voice chat?

Many Thanks
I wouldn't fault the other poster, many of us don't use vamx. There's a vamx help room on the discord. You may have better luck there

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom