Scenes [C&G-STUDIO] "MMD-Academy Vol.1"

C&G-STUDIO

Staff member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
cgstudio
C&G-STUDIO submitted a new resource:

[C&G-STUDIO] "MMD-Academy Vol.1" - What is Miku Miku Dance? Our first translation and information!

TRAILER

View attachment 114606

ATTENTION

This show is NOT a MoCap record but those are translated keyframe animations known as MMD animations.

Ok ok, but whats the thing with all those "MMD animations" flying around the VaM world? There is only a little or no information about it at all. Like mushrooms they just appeard out of nowhere and are spreaded here on the...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome! A quick question. I have tried a lot of MMD dances and they all seemed to look very robotlike as you described. Is there any website you recommend which features (free) good quality dances? I looked at a MMD pack somewhere and gave up after seeing the first 10 dances. Or is this all because of bad joint settings?

I am, to be honest, quite disappointed that the share is mostly an advertisement with no starting point for other creators. The 2 included dances are fine - and the main work has gone into effects, a light shows. High quality no doubt.
The explanation of the termed raw information is historical and anecdotal in nature.

I'm sorry to seem so negative - but the whole setup of the asset implied it as a starting point for understanding and creation. And it is not that.
I just really wanted to understand how to make MMD scenes in VAM.

In short: the 2 dances here are fine. The effects and environment are fine. The menu is fine.

No doubt this asset took skill to assemble - it is very good in its own right - I was just expecting something helpful to develop my own skills.

Last edited:
I love the Conqueror MMD motion. Those knee destroying side kicks must be brutal to tune.

Happy to see more people mining the massive library of MMD though for sure.

Back
Top Bottom