BUS
My only request would be to follow step 6 of @hazmhox 's guide so we don't have to use vamifier plugin to get shadows and in turn ruin a lot of the excellent work that went into this asset. I haven't grabbed the subway train yet but I assume this would be applicable to that as well.

6 - Fixing the shadows

By default, Unity will produce assets with it's own shadow system. These shadows will be different from the ones in VaM. This could be compensated by the plugin VAMifier. But using the plugin would break your potential cool materials with reflections or more advanced rendering processes.

There is a way to fix that by adding a shadow library based on the same one used by VaM.

• Exit Unity
  • Browse to your Unity Editor folder, and go in this sub-folder Unity2018.1.9f2\Editor\Data\CGIncludes
  • Download this file ( UnityShadowLibrary.cginc )
  • Backup your original file
  • Replace it with the one you just download
  • Launch Unity
  • Click on "Edit" > "Preferences"
  • In the popup window, select "GI Cache"
  • On the right panel, click on "Clean cache"
You're ready! Unity and the assetbundle browser will now build assets with the exact same shadowing as VaM.

Since you've added the include is added to the editor, cleared the GI cache, you are good to go for any new project using this version of Unity. Which also means any new asset, material, texture... etc... inside a single project. This is a procedure you only do once.

With Vamifier:

1660496632.jpg

I love this bus, but is there a way to toggle the window/ticket refraction? It looks great, but it's killing my dated systems framerate in VR :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom