Better Pubes

Hairstyles Better Pubes

Yeah, I do this too. Very silly how root spread is very limited, would be so much more helpful. Maybe then Hair Multiplier would not be such a detriment too.
One more thing I forgot to mention is never use the 'Panty Scalp' for pubes. The hair mask arrangement is too spread out. After some digging I found that Kemenate released an alternate pube scalp five years ago. It can be found in the kemenate.Female_Body_Hair.var, which I'm sure you already have (does it come with VaM?). This is the mask I used for all (I believe) of the pubes in this resource.

The actual duf file is not included in the var, but you can load up a hair asset called 'Scalp Pubic', which is just the custom scalp. The arrangement of the mask nodes is much tighter around the pubic area than the basic panty scalp, plus there are mask nodes covering a much larger area.

I also found a reddit post by Kemenate about making custom scalp masks https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtAMate/wiki/hairstyling-customscalpguide/, but I can't seem to find anything about how the arrangement and density of the mask nodes are set on the scalp. It seems to me that the mask nodes are somehow directly related to the skinned mesh polygons of the Gen2 model itself, but there's some mysterious way of flagging which polys have mask nodes and which dont.

Last edited:
Metix updated Better Pubes with a new update entry:

Added presets for sim hair

I created presets for each of the four pube styles:

• Add collision and sim physics
  • Normalized color and lighting for each pube style
The sim physics settings that I added in these presets is very lightweight and is as close to real pube behavior as I could make it with the current limitations of the hair editor. I decided to go with presets as opposed to updating each model in case anyone was already using the styles and didn't want a forced update. Each preset is named...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One more thing I forgot to mention is never use the 'Panty Scalp' for pubes. The hair mask arrangement is too spread out. After some digging I found that Kemenate released an alternate pube scalp five years ago. It can be found in the kemenate.Female_Body_Hair.var, which I'm sure you already have (does it come with VaM?). This is the mask I used for all (I believe) of the pubes in this resource.

The actual duf file is not included in the var, but you can load up a hair asset called 'Scalp Pubic', which is just the custom scalp. The arrangement of the mask nodes is much tighter around the pubic area than the basic panty scalp, plus there are mask nodes covering a much larger area.

I also found a reddit post by Kemenate about making custom scalp masks https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtAMate/wiki/hairstyling-customscalpguide/, but I can't seem to find anything about how the arrangement and density of the mask nodes are set on the scalp. It seems to me that the mask nodes are somehow directly related to the skinned mesh polygons of the Gen2 model itself, but there's some mysterious way of flagging which polys have mask nodes and which dont.
I think I tried making something once, but then it saved corrupted or something and it wouldn't load. Maybe it's in conflict with something, but I never touched it since. Plus it's kinda hard to make any hairstyles within VAM without VR so I ditched the idea. Maybe I'll try again and who knows maybe I'll post it :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom