BeatIt

Plugins BeatIt

For the speed thing, you could use the same approach as I do in VAMS with a single UI.

At the top of the speed/global settings on the left column, you could have a title "Global settings" and once you change the edited band below, you change the title to "Band X settings" but those sliders stay the same and influence the "band X" parameters.
Oh, true, good idea... I'll see. Just finished the Band Enabled flags and will upload new var. I also realised that I never exposed the frequency/bandwidth parameters.

is there a way to attach the target values to transform parameters? like moving things xyz move and rotate?

Does the added toggles to turn channels on/off change how the plugin respond to sound? According to the level readings, when a kick drum frequency is shared between two channels the energy from the kick appears to alternated between the two. By eliminating one of the channels, will all the energy from the kick will be forced into the one channel that is left open?

Does the added toggles to turn channels on/off change how the plugin respond to sound? According to the level readings, when a kick drum frequency is shared between two channels the energy from the kick appears to alternated between the two. By eliminating one of the channels, will all the energy from the kick will be forced into the one channel that is left open?
Nope, the 8 Channels should all be independent of each other. There is no information exchanged between them in code.

Kind late to the party, few quick questions:

1) It seems it can't control the position of certain joint such as Hips.
2) I tried to create an empty atom, and want the atom to move with the beat. But in the trigger, I can't set the range of the atom (Control> JointDriveX/Y/Z).

So if I want either a person or an object's position to move with the beat, how to achieve that with this plugin?

Thanks in advance!!

1) It seems it can't control the position of certain joint such as Hips. 2) I tried to create an empty atom, and want the atom to move with the beat. But in the trigger, I can't set the range of the atom (Control> JointDriveX/Y/Z). So if I want either a person or an object's position to move with the beat, how to achieve that with this plugin? Thanks in advance!!
You can NOT control position or orientation of atoms via parameters. That would require a plugin (might be an idea for LogicBricks2). The only thing you can "move" are rigidbodies in joints, e.g., a character's hands or feet by controlling aforementioned JointDrive.
The way to move an object via built-in means is to create an animation pattern and drive the animation time parameter via BeatIt. I could add an example to the demo scene...

You can NOT control position or orientation of atoms via parameters. That would require a plugin (might be an idea for LogicBricks2). The only thing you can "move" are rigidbodies in joints, e.g., a character's hands or feet by controlling aforementioned JointDrive.
The way to move an object via built-in means is to create an animation pattern and drive the animation time parameter via BeatIt. I could add an example to the demo scene...
Thanks for the fast response! Now it makes sense :)

I was thinking of doing something like this: Since the beat is basically a value jumps up and down in a certain range. Is it possible to have it trigger a timeline animation (like 1 hip thrust) when a certain value is hit. That way the character will thrust his hips with the beat ;)I did try this with animation pattern, but the ending result is not optimal.

Thanks for the fast response! Now it makes sense :)

I was thinking of doing something like this: Since the beat is basically a value jumps up and down in a certain range. Is it possible to have it trigger a timeline animation (like 1 hip thrust) when a certain value is hit. That way the character will thrust his hips with the beat ;)I did try this with animation pattern, but the ending result is not optimal.
Yes, I can imagine... The delay is probably too great.
If you'd do a thrust in reality to music, you would anticipate the beat and flex muscles slightly beforehand, something this combination of analysis and animation wouldn't be able to do. It would be better to have a beat/speed analyzer that would synchronize the speed of an animation loop, but that's on the very tricky end of coding...

Back
Top Bottom