Basic gamepad support

Plugins Basic gamepad support

fabio

Reactions
fabio submitted a new resource:

Basic gamepad support - Basic gamepad support for VAM

Basic gamepad support for VAM. Posted here in case someone is interested.

Background

I have been studying unity for the last week. No prior knowledge but I can program in C++. Two plugins gave me the basics: Keyboard Shortcuts by lfe and MacGruber's Essentials. I got the rest from google. This is the first time I make a plugin, so please this is an early beta.

Coordinates

Local coordinates, even global coordinates becomes a mess with any gamepad...

Read more about this resource...

fabio updated Basic gamepad support with a new update entry:

Basic gamepad support 2.0

Back into this after some time. Let's go there:

What's new:
  • Move and rotate a different object with each stick.
  • Improvement over collisions & physics, move objects with kinematic functions or dynamic forces.
  • The gamepad has only two modes now: same CAMERA mode as before, and a new revamped PLAY mode where you control the objects.
  • The controls have been redesigned based on the new features.
  • A new text panel with relevant information has been added to the bottom right...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looks very cool but not working for me, I get the following output when loading the session plugin:

Compile of FabioDen.BasicGamepad.3:/Custom/Scripts/Tools/FreeGamepad/BasicGamepad.cs failed. Errors:
[CS1061]: Type `SuperController' does not contain a definition for `ShowMonitorUI' and no extension method `ShowMonitorUI' of type `SuperController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [1110, 30]
[CS]: Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: (1105,15): BasicGamepadVaM.ToggleUI() ---> Mono.CSharp.FatalException: Type `SuperController' does not contain a definition for `ShowMonitorUI' and no extension method `ShowMonitorUI' of type `SuperController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
at Mono.CSharp.Report.Error (Int32 code, Location loc, System.String error) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.Report.Error (Int32 code, Location loc, System.String format, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.MemberAccess.Error_TypeDoesNotContainDefinition (Mono.CSharp.ResolveContext ec, Mono.CSharp.TypeSpec type, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.MemberAccess.LookupNameExpression (Mono.CSharp.ResolveContext rc, MemberLookupRestrictions restrictions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolveInvocation (Mono.CSharp.ResolveContext ec) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.ResolveContext rc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.ResolveContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Mono.CSharp.Method.Emit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.TypeDefinition.Emit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.ClassOrStruct.Emit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.Class.Emit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.TypeDefinition.EmitContainer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.EmitContainer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.NamespaceContainer.EmitContainer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.EmitContainer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.ModuleContainer.EmitContainer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.CSharp.AssemblyDefinition.Emit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DynamicCSharp.Compiler.McsDriver.Compile (System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder& assembly, System.AppDomain domain, Boolean generateInMemory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DynamicCSharp.Compiler.McsCompiler.CompileFromSettings (Mono.CSharp.CompilerSettings settings, Boolean generateInMemory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 in at [0, 0]

Hello, you probably need to update VaM to a newer version, or edit the plugin yourself and delete the call to ShowMonitorUI. The plugin will still work fine.

Hello, you probably need to update VaM to a newer version, or edit the plugin yourself and delete the call to ShowMonitorUI. The plugin will still work fine.

Update was all I needed. It seems to work great. Thanks for making this, I think it will be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom