• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
backfixmorph

Morphs backfixmorph

Hey, VAMgrasshopper!
Thank you for your work, but I figured out that I couldn't find out your morph in the morph tab, even after I download it and restart the game...
When I enter into your var file ingame, there was no files. It doesn't exist...
Can you fix this? (If it's my fault, pls let me know)

Hello, this seems like it's going to be very helpful.
However, I still can't find it.
If anyone could please guide me a little bit I would be very grateful.
Thank you

Hello, this seems like it's going to be very helpful.
However, I still can't find it.
If anyone could please guide me a little bit I would be very grateful.
Thank you

You haven't set the "preload morph"-flag to "true" in your meta.json. You can either repackage via the VaM packagemanager, or:
1) Unzip your .var package (7-zip)
2) Open the meta.json in an editor (I'd use notepad++)
3) Under "customOptions", you find the line "preloadMorphs" : "false" -> replace "false" with "true". Like so:

{
"licenseType" : "CC BY",
"creatorName" : "VAMgrasshopper",
"packageName" : "backfixmorph",
"standardReferenceVersionOption" : "Latest",
"scriptReferenceVersionOption" : "Exact",
"description" : "Morph to move upper back in.",
"credits" : "",
"instructions" : "",
"promotionalLink" : "",
"programVersion" : "1.20.77.9",
"contentList" : [
"Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/basicmodel-backfix-1.vmb",
"Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/basicmodel-backfix-1.vmi"
],
"dependencies" : {
},
"customOptions" : {
"preloadMorphs" : "true"
},
"hadReferenceIssues" : "false",
"referenceIssues" : [
]
}

4) Select the "custom" Folder & the meta.json; in context-menu (with 7-zip), choose "add to archive"; filename has to be "VAMgrasshopper.backfixmorph.1.var" & set "compression" to "fastest"
5) PLEASE (!) only do this with actual morphpacks - not with looks or scenes! Some looks-creators do that with all their looks, and that means everybodies' morphtabs have gazillions of duplicates of the same morph ...

You haven't set the "preload morph"-flag to "true" in your meta.json. You can either repackage via the VaM packagemanager, or:
1) Unzip your .var package (7-zip)
2) Open the meta.json in an editor (I'd use notepad++)
3) Under "customOptions", you find the line "preloadMorphs" : "false" -> replace "false" with "true". Like so:

4) Select the "custom" Folder & the meta.json; in context-menu (with 7-zip), choose "add to archive"; filename has to be "VAMgrasshopper.backfixmorph.1.var" & set "compression" to "fastest"
5) PLEASE (!) only do this with actual morphpacks - not with looks or scenes! Some looks-creators do that with all their looks, and that means everybodies' morphtabs have gazillions of duplicates of the same morph ...

Hi, Thank you for the detailed instructions, I appreciate it. I got stuck at step number 4, I can't find anywhere to "add to archive". I click on the top "add" button, but it produces an error message. Any suggestions?

Hi, Thank you for the detailed instructions, I appreciate it. I got stuck at step number 4, I can't find anywhere to "add to archive". I click on the top "add" button, but it produces an error message. Any suggestions?
Have you installed WinZip & integrated to the context-menu? (the drop-down that opens on right-click)

I made you a couple screenshots as a walkthrough - take care that after you've edited the meta.json, you:
- Select all the extracted files & folders (var_unzip_repair_05.jpg)
- open context-menu (right-click) and select "add to archive"
- when "add to archive" window opens, edit the archive's name by changing the file-extension from ".zip" to ".var" (var_unzip_repair_06.jpg)
- in the first dropdown from the top (labelled "Compression strength", or similar) you must select "fastest"
- compare the settings to those you see in "var_unzip_repair_06.jpg" (The English-language expressions may differ slightly. If in doubt, just go by position):
  • "Archiveformat" - "zip"
  • "Compression" - fastest""
  • "Compression method" - "Deflate"
  • "Dictionary size" - "32 kb"
  • "Wordsize" - 32
The correct settings are crucial, especially the option "compression" (or "compression strength"?) By default, WinZip has "Compression (strength?)" set to "fast", not "fastest" - it must be set to "fastest" in order for VaM to be able to process the resultant .var.

Attachments

• var_unzip_repair_01.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_01.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_02.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_02.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_03.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_03.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_04.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_04.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_05.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_05.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_06.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_06.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
  • var_unzip_repair_07.jpg
    var_unzip_repair_07.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
MY BAD! Didn't see this discussion until just now. Thanks Case! I think I fixed it so that it preloads... My files are a mess so I'm not sure if it's loading from something else.

Hey... Did this work for everyone? I did this before going to bed last night and I'm not by my comp. If not I will update it later.

Back
Top Bottom