• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Are these error messages normal? and should I worry about them? Or worry about fixing them?

poopsecks

Reactions
Are these error messages normal? and should I worry about them? Or worry about fixing them? I feel like my VAM works great and I have been using it a while like this so I was curious if these mean anything or if I should worry about them:
Screenshot 2024-06-26 115432.png

Screenshot 2024-06-26 115445.png

If you look in your AddonPackages folder you will probably see duplications with " (2).var" written at the end of the file name. You probably pasted them into a folder that already contained them. That "( 2)" is messing with the file naming convention, which should end with the version number.var. If you get rid of the duplicates or delete the "( 2)" some of these messages will go away. I'm not sure about the zip thing, but If you bring up the package manager in game, you can search for the missing dependencies listed too. Some of them may not be on the hub though.

I had the same issue with the "SharpZipLib" error...found out a bunch of my VARs were corrupted when I transferred them from a failing hdd...try and open "ascorad.Eridane.2.var" as a zip file...if it doesnt open with Windows ZIP or 7Zip then its corrupted...delete and try to re-download.

If you look in your AddonPackages folder you will probably see duplications with " (2).var" written at the end of the file name. You probably pasted them into a folder that already contained them. That "( 2)" is messing with the file naming convention, which should end with the version number.var. If you get rid of the duplicates or delete the "( 2)" some of these messages will go away. I'm not sure about the zip thing, but If you bring up the package manager in game, you can search for the missing dependencies listed too. Some of them may not be on the hub though.
Great tip, i went thru and i had about 80~ or so duplicates. That did clear up some of these errors.

I also followed your second recommendation and I believe you are right..... I recently subscribed to around 7 patreons and downloaded a mass amount of scenes and I believe these "missing" ones are from old scenes that that are referencing packages that were once available though the hub....

I had the same issue with the "SharpZipLib" error...found out a bunch of my VARs were corrupted when I transferred them from a failing hdd...try and open "ascorad.Eridane.2.var" as a zip file...if it doesnt open with Windows ZIP or 7Zip then its corrupted...delete and try to re-download.
Thanks, I saw your thread and that helped! and it actually influenced me to try and clean up my AddonPackages folder.... I have 1500~ var's in there and its a bit overwelming.
I ended up just deleting those that wouldn't open as a zip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom