• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Am I able to Download a scene as a VR video or am I only able to play on the program?

Navalsuperman

Reactions
I ask because I have been able to use some videos made with VaM on my Meta Quest 3.

I was able to download the VaM application, but don’t think I will be able to run the program from my PC to my Meta Quest as my PC is pretty low powered.

I wanted to know if I could run VaM on desktop modes to create scenes, and then export them as video files to download onto my Quest and watch them as videos.

Is this a possibility?

Upvote 1
Solution
Your PC still needs to be able to run the scene in order to render to VR180, or whatever. If you hit a wall with either DRAM, or VRAM, the program will crash. Since rendering does not take place at full speed, slow FPS won't be a problem as long as you can run the scene. Once rendered, you should be able to use the video like any other.

Upvote 1
Yes, you can run VaM in desktop mode and record a scene as a VR video. See below.

How do I get this to work? I’ve add the plugin to my addonpackages file, but it’s not very clear on what do to.

Upvote 0
How do I get this to work? I’ve add the plugin to my addonpackages file, but it’s not very clear on what do to.

Did you see the instructions further down on that plugin's page?

Well, this is assuming your version of VaM allows you to edit scenes. Basically you load a scene you want to record, go into Edit Mode, create an Empty object (go to the Add Atom menu, then Misc category) which will be your camera, then attach the plugin by selecting the Empty and opening its Plugins tab. Go to Add Plugin then Select File, the package for the VR Renderer plugin should be called "Eosin.VRRenderer.15" and you want to add the ".clist" file inside.

When the plugin is loaded you'll see a preview window of the camera view from your Empty object. You can reposition the Empty manually or use another plugin like AlignHelper to align it to an object in the scene like a person's head for example if you want a POV camera.

In the VR Renderer plugin's UI (use Open Custom UI) there are a few key settings you'll want to configure. Render Mode to determine the type of video you want such VR180, VR360, or flat. Output Resolution to determine if your video will be 4K, 6K, 8K, etc. Image Format to be either JPG or PNG, JPG should be used like 99% of the time though. Lastly, Seconds To Record which will determine how long your video will be.

If you want to go flat video for whatever reason the Aspect Ratio and Flat Horizontal FOV settings are important as well. Aspect Ratio would need to be changed to 16:9 if you want to make a 1080p video for example. Horizontal FOV would be for tweakng the camera view.

The rest of the settings you'll have to play around with on your own, but you could starting recording at this point if you don't feel the need to tweak things. Make sure the scene is prepared how you like then use "Start Playback and Record Video" or press F10 to start the scene and record. Use just plain "Record Video" (F11) if your scene has interactive elements or is a non-linear animation. You'll find the recorded images and sound file under your VaM folder "Saves/VR_Renders". As described on the plugin's resource page, you'll have to use a program like ffmpeg to encode the images and sound into an actual video file.

Upvote 1
Did you see the instructions further down on that plugin's page?

Well, this is assuming your version of VaM allows you to edit scenes. Basically you load a scene you want to record, go into Edit Mode, create an Empty object (go to the Add Atom menu, then Misc category) which will be your camera, then attach the plugin by selecting the Empty and opening its Plugins tab. Go to Add Plugin then Select File, the package for the VR Renderer plugin should be called "Eosin.VRRenderer.15" and you want to add the ".clist" file inside.

When the plugin is loaded you'll see a preview window of the camera view from your Empty object. You can reposition the Empty manually or use another plugin like AlignHelper to align it to an object in the scene like a person's head for example if you want a POV camera.

In the VR Renderer plugin's UI (use Open Custom UI) there are a few key settings you'll want to configure. Render Mode to determine the type of video you want such VR180, VR360, or flat. Output Resolution to determine if your video will be 4K, 6K, 8K, etc. Image Format to be either JPG or PNG, JPG should be used like 99% of the time though. Lastly, Seconds To Record which will determine how long your video will be.

If you want to go flat video for whatever reason the Aspect Ratio and Flat Horizontal FOV settings are important as well. Aspect Ratio would need to be changed to 16:9 if you want to make a 1080p video for example. Horizontal FOV would be for tweakng the camera view.

The rest of the settings you'll have to play around with on your own, but you could starting recording at this point if you don't feel the need to tweak things. Make sure the scene is prepared how you like then use "Start Playback and Record Video" or press F10 to start the scene and record. Use just plain "Record Video" (F11) if your scene has interactive elements or is a non-linear animation. You'll find the recorded images and sound file under your VaM folder "Saves/VR_Renders". As described on the plugin's resource page, you'll have to use a program like ffmpeg to encode the images and sound into an actual video file.
Yes I eventually figured that out. Sorry for all of the newbie questions I’m very new, but wow. This game is incredible

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom