Align Plugin

Plugins Align Plugin

PrettyFrank

Reactions
PrettyFrank submitted a new resource:

Align Plugin - Aligns atoms between two other atoms or the player.

Align (a plugin)

Align positions/rotates an atom along the vector between two atoms (or the player), allowing for powerful alignment effects.

Demo 1: simple alignment between 2 objects
View attachment 406017

Demo 2: floating rimlight, always behind the object from the player POV.
View attachment 406020

Demo 3: Combine with Sensor for drag and drop resizing/rotation/position...

Read more about this resource...

Hey really cool, could probably be used to align a head between the guys dick and his hand, making for a cool posession ready blowjob if the model always faces the correct direction no matter where the hand moves and the forward movement is animated in timeline

Hey really cool, could probably be used to align a head between the guys dick and his hand, making for a cool posession ready blowjob if the model always faces the correct direction no matter where the hand moves and the forward movement is animated in timeline
This one is definitely another one of those "simple idea, endless possibilities" plugins. I'd love to see folks try stuff like this!

Damn i have a feeling that this plugin might be the one that i was looking for so long to alight 1 atom hip to another atom hip for making sex poses much easier, i have yet to test it out but i hope it does what i wanted for a while. I have used align helper and node align and i hope this one does a better job at what i am trying to achieve faster.

Damn i have a feeling that this plugin might be the one that i was looking for so long to alight 1 atom hip to another atom hip for making sex poses much easier, i have yet to test it out but i hope it does what i wanted for a while. I have used align helper and node align and i hope this one does a better job at what i am trying to achieve faster.
Right now, it's atom (mainController) based, so to do something like this, you might need to attach floating empty atoms to use - lemme know how it goes!

Right now, it's atom (mainController) based, so to do something like this, you might need to attach floating empty atoms to use - lemme know how it goes!
Its actually much better then the above mentioned plugins cus i just lock the rotation only and the A atom align with B atom position wise just fine, only need to manually rotate z exis to face the hip thats all. If options like person atom A hip align to person atom B hip or so on then this will be by far most convenient plugin to align persons for sex positions no doubt. Empty atom is a nice idea i didn't thought of so will definitely use that too thanks.

Its actually much better then the above mentioned plugins cus i just lock the rotation only and the A atom align with B atom position wise just fine, only need to manually rotate z exis to face the hip thats all. If options like person atom A hip align to person atom B hip or so on then this will be by far most convenient plugin to align persons for sex positions no doubt. Empty atom is a nice idea i didn't thought of so will definitely use that too thanks.
Oh yeah, that's a great point... this can totally help solve some of those sex alignment issues! :D

@PrettyFrank
Nice work again! I actually had a complicated subscene using RubberLeash with two atoms to do something similar but this is much cleaner and easy to use.

A feature request I had was to align the atom rotation to interpolate between rotation of Target A and B atoms. Right now I think rotation aligns with the path between A to B. This will add rotation to the start and end states that we interpolate between.

Another idea is to extend this to multi-point curves. A 3-point curve would be cool to make curved paths for the aligned atom. N-point curve would be good for making arbitrary paths for atoms to follow. I did manage to make a makeshift path with 3 target atoms by using Align between A->B and B->C, then smoothly changing RubberLeash plugin weights to move the aligned atom on a curve from A->B->C. It'd be awesome to have that directly with the plugin script.

@PrettyFrank
Nice work again! I actually had a complicated subscene using RubberLeash with two atoms to do something similar but this is much cleaner and easy to use.

A feature request I had was to align the atom rotation to interpolate between rotation of Target A and B atoms. Right now I think rotation aligns with the path between A to B. This will add rotation to the start and end states that we interpolate between.

Another idea is to extend this to multi-point curves. A 3-point curve would be cool to make curved paths for the aligned atom. N-point curve would be good for making arbitrary paths for atoms to follow. I did manage to make a makeshift path with 3 target atoms by using Align between A->B and B->C, then smoothly changing RubberLeash plugin weights to move the aligned atom on a curve from A->B->C. It'd be awesome to have that directly with the plugin script.
Would love to see a demo of this! You can technically make a multi-dimensional path by animating offsets, but given the complexity of how they are executed based on ratio + rotation + position... that could be tricky. It's tough enough (but at least possible) to align follow lights on a target!

Speaking of leashes though, I found a great use of it today... in scenes, I often have a Gaze Target atom with IdlePoser on it to move around the scene randomly. It was always a bit of a trick with a "Player" state, because of the multiple steps needed to connect/disconnect the gaze target from the model plugins to allow following the player. Now, I can simply leave an Align plugin on the Gaze Target with rotation off (not needed), between itself and [Player]. Simply moving the ratio slider moves it from wherever it is (based on IdlePoser states) and the Player location. This can have a transition applied too - so it's truly like a rubber leash on the Player camera! :D

Would love to see a demo of this! You can technically make a multi-dimensional path by animating offsets, but given the complexity of how they are executed based on ratio + rotation + position... that could be tricky. It's tough enough (but at least possible) to align follow lights on a target!

Speaking of leashes though, I found a great use of it today... in scenes, I often have a Gaze Target atom with IdlePoser on it to move around the scene randomly. It was always a bit of a trick with a "Player" state, because of the multiple steps needed to connect/disconnect the gaze target from the model plugins to allow following the player. Now, I can simply leave an Align plugin on the Gaze Target with rotation off (not needed), between itself and [Player]. Simply moving the ratio slider moves it from wherever it is (based on IdlePoser states) and the Player location. This can have a transition applied too - so it's truly like a rubber leash on the Player camera! :D

Sure, sent a demo scene for the 3-point path in your DM.

Nice! I've used RubberLeash with several reference atoms to store camera positions in the scene. Maybe I'll look at IdlePose too.

If memory serves, there might be some useful code snippets lying around in old JayJayWon plugins - nodealign has JSONStringChoosers etc set up to select Person atom V3 controllers (granted, it aligns the main controller of the atom the plugin is running on relative to the person node/V3 controller, so that's only "half the rent"). Sexalign (?) has a a lot of linear algebra and "mechanics" to move one point (person 1 labiacollider) along a curve (2+2 point animationpattern running the length of person2 penis) indirectly, ie by moving the two thighcontrollers etcetc.

TL;DR - By far not sufficient, but may useful inspiration.

P.S.: Good work & good idea!

If memory serves, there might be some useful code snippets lying around in old JayJayWon plugins - nodealign has JSONStringChoosers etc set up to select Person atom V3 controllers (granted, it aligns the main controller of the atom the plugin is running on relative to the person node/V3 controller, so that's only "half the rent"). Sexalign (?) has a a lot of linear algebra and "mechanics" to move one point (person 1 labiacollider) along a curve (2+2 point animationpattern running the length of person2 penis) indirectly, ie by moving the two thighcontrollers etcetc.

TL;DR - By far not sufficient, but may useful inspiration.

P.S.: Good work & good idea!
Def appreciate the nod to other plugins to review... sometimes it's difficult keeping which ones have which features/inspiration straight in my head! :D

Def appreciate the nod to other plugins to review... sometimes it's difficult keeping which ones have which features/inspiration straight in my head! :D

Yeah, if not for the ... application background ... that'd be a nifty numerical mathematics student project @Uni.

Mind you - JayJayWon's treatment of the remainder of the body (ie control of pose relative to the pose of the "taker" character) is a bit ... robust (clamp all positions relative to the junk, rotate around junk until it roughly aligns with the other junk), but there's a lot of good kung-fu in that plugin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom