Question Adding atoms at current position

DonDiego

Reactions
When adding new atoms to a scene, they all appear at a certain fixed spot. Positioning is sometimes painful for larger environments such as a beach.

Is it really necessary to move each new atom all the way to the position I want to see it? Or is there an option "spawn new atom at current players position" which I did not see?

None that I know of.
If you have a existing item of the type you want and want a copy, the Keybindings plugin can make duplicate of the selected atom. It's duplicated over the original, collision off, and you just need to move it where you want it.

Upvote 0
All atoms load in at point 0,0,0. I recently did a scene with a lot of movement and a large cua as scenery that were a little confusing to move around. I found it useful to have an empty atom that I could place where I wanted, zero the xyz rotation and then select the cua and in the move tab select "align from scene" at the bottom and select the empty to get it where I wanted it to go. I suppose you could take this further and parent an empty to the camera rig, turn off the rotation and maybe the y movement, so wherever your camera is in a scene there will be an empty right infront of you at ground level to align to.

Upvote 0
You could add an empty temp atom, position it in front of the screen and parent it to the camerarig, so it would always be in front of you.
Now when you add your atoms you would be able to use "move to" -> "select from scene" and choose your temp empty atom as destination,
hope it makes sense :unsure:

Upvote 0
Those are great ideas, never thought of that.

Ideally you want to place the people close to the origin and rotate the environment to save yourself the trouble in the first place.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the support, many great ideas indeed! I will try the "empty atom" first. And yes, the Keybindings Plugin is wonderful! Especially when creating a scene with many identical light sources, the "copy atom" function saves a lot of time!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom