RTX 4080 + I9 10900 Low FPS with Quest 3 w/ virtual desktop

weize1234

Reactions
Hi yall.. what am i doing wrong?

My spec is i9 10900 and rtx 4080.

I use virtual desktop, Ultra setting, limits to 90 FPS.

I can barely get to 40-50 FPS. if I do a 3 person scene, FPS drops to 10-20.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anybody with similar experience?

Hi yall.. what am i doing wrong?

My spec is i9 10900 and rtx 4080.

I use virtual desktop, Ultra setting, limits to 90 FPS.

I can barely get to 40-50 FPS. if I do a 3 person scene, FPS drops to 10-20.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anybody with similar experience?
Hi,
I think on these kind of headsets which don't have a direct video connection as displayport, your GPU is in reality also doing some kind of double work, as it needs I compress the video stream you see on your headset, as there's no direct uncompressed video connection, such as Displayport.
I had a Pico4 which is similar to quest3 and uses USB connection or wifi to send the video to your headset.
In my case it was eating between 20-30% of performance, based on video compression settings.
Also VAM engine isn't great in terms of optimisation and architecture.
You can play it but you may have to tune down physics and graphic settings, especially with 3 characters.
The engine only uses 4 cores as well which can tank performance.

I have a 7800x3d and 4080 super 64gb ddr5 gen 4 nvme. Not fairing that much better generally, probably do better with the 3 person, but barely better on 2. You might want to fiddle with in-game settings to get what works best for you like soft physics or bring down AA to 2x/4x or something. Still getting a handle on everything in VAM, but it runs pretty good for me now that I upgraded. I can actually run voxta locally now lol.

I have a i9-13700k and a 4070ti, my FPS with the Quest 3 is not great

I maybe get 60-70FPS with me and a girl, plus a few lights, if I do not have passthrough turned on

With passthrough turned on (which it usually is, that's what I bought a Quest 3 for after all) I drop down further to 45-60FPS

If I also turn on Virtual Desktop's vive tracker simulation (just for the hip), my FPS drops further to 30-40FPS. I have yet to try two girls with passthrough turned on, but I imagine that my numbers would tank further if I did

Try reducing your settings and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom