Zuul Bedroom

Assets Zuul Bedroom

venkman

Reactions
venkman submitted a new resource:

Zuul Bedroom - There is no Dana...

A quick and dirty room asset I threw together in Sketchup and exported to VAM.

View attachment 138085

Includes a static demo scene to show off the room.

View attachment 138086

To use in a custom scene, add a CustomUnityAsset, select the assetbundle, and select one of the two prebuilt rooms.

One room has all four walls, the other has two removed for easier movement, etc.

View attachment 138088

Demo scene includes my other assets pictured - the...

Read more about this resource...

Hoooboy. Found some floor plans for the actual set, so I went back and re-did the bedroom so it was more or less to scale. Realized where the doors actually were, and decided to just complete the whole layout.

Fixed invalid textures on the picture frames and TV, adjusted stuff sticking through the floor, made all the walls proper 3D walls...

Still needs furnishings everywhere but the BR, need to re-create the patio doors, the kitchen isn't complete yet...but I have the details from the doors, molding, and more.

Stay tuned. (Pictures look like crap ATM because they're in sketchup with ugly lighting, but once they're in Unity/VAM, it'll look a LOT more realistic.

zss2.png
zss1.png
zss3.png

Another update:

The insanity continues, I now dream in Sketchup.

I've now created then entirety of the "pictured" 22nd floor from the 550 building. Kitchen, living room, balcony, bedroom, and the entire damned hallway. Screw those stupid 45 degree pillars everywhere.

Building interiors and architecture are all but done. I still need to add the hidden staircase behind the fridge, but aside from that, the overall "architecture" portion of the *interiors* is done.

Of course, I still have all kinds of minor detail work to add yet - doors for the other apartments, doorbells, light switches, light fixtures inside the apartment.

Then, all the furnishings. I'll probably try to use as many pre-existing objects as I can to save the time of re-creating things, but I think some stuff - like the coffee table and "the chair" in the living room have to be exact. There's also these railings on the balcony that need to be created, plus foilage. And the kitchen...god...there's so much crap on those shelves...

Also, notice how I mentioned the *interior* being finished. That's because I decided that it wasn't torture enough to exactly replicate the entire 22nd floor...but also the completely effing INSANE facade of the building's exterior. I cheated a bit and only created the main face of the original "55 Central Park West" building, then duplicated and flipped it for the back face, then stretched the sides and added more windows because I discovered that that effing hallway is longer than the actual real-life building. Movie maaaaaagic!

So, the "main" portion of the building is done, but then I'll need to add some kind of street and sidewalk for at least the front so it doesn't look like it's just floating in space. The upper portion that was added for the movie, however...that's another beast entirely. Just the geometry is a nightmare, and the decorations are even crazier. I had one version of it mostly done up to the geometry part, but deleted it all when I realized poking holes in it was nigh impossible because I did some dumb things at the inception of creating that layer.

BUT, the end goal is to have a more or less scale-accurate version of the ENTIRE "Spook Central" building, including Gozer's temple, with all the ridiculous facade decorations my brain can handle.

I'll try to finish the apartment/interior first, then focus on the building, as I probably care about that more than anybody who wants to use this asset.

In the meanwhile, enjoy some screenshots of my tedious work. :p

1658442256.jpg1658442228.jpg1658442191.jpg1658441693.jpg

Back
Top Bottom