Yalby - Showcase

Looks Yalby - Showcase

Metix updated Yalby - Showcase with a new update entry:

Fixed malfunctioning trigger with the HeelAdjust plugin

Fixed the timing of a trigger that sets the Heel Adjust plugin. No more warped feet.

Funny how fixing one thing can break another in a completely non-obvious or initially noticeable way. Sorry for the series of asset updates, it should hopefully slow down as I tie up all the loose ends I keep coming discovering. I'm looking forward to new features, scenes, assets, etc... once I feel this showcase is in a state I'm happy with.

Read the rest of this update entry...

any future TFD waifu projects?

Actually yeah! I already have a Nell that's halfway done. I know she's not a playable char, but I like her style. Maybe a Bunny or Sharan at some point. I haven't actually played the game in a while though (too much time making Yalby here!), but I do check in to see what sort of new skins/characters/accessories they release.

Just a heads up that going forward with looks from TFD or other sources, I'm really only going to work on stuff that keep my interest going, and likely end up with my own take on things. I'm not aiming for a 1:1 look on anything. In this look, the helmet is really the only exception, because it's so tied to her source.

Last edited:

Adjustments to a few head and eye morphs

Made some adjustments to a few of the eye morphs.

Been so focused on publishing this thing that it gave me a break from overfocusing on specific features to the point where you can't tell what your looking at anymore. Taking a fresh look, I realized her eyes were a bit too small, and the irises slightly larger and touch closer together.

While I'm not aiming for a 1:1 from source, all known characters have certain distinguishing features that make them 'just so'. Specifically, small...

Reworked some internal dependencies between my assets

• Hopefully finalized the internal dependencies between this, Yalby.look and Yalby.showcase.
  • Now updates to Yalby.look should propogate properly from the look to the showcase, allowing me to make appearance updates in only one place.
I hope the flurry of updates is not too much of a problem for anyone. I am more used development in a more integrated environment, and navigating the nuances of how and which assets are coupled in VaM, in the custom directory vs. vars...

Wanted to make a note, just in case anyone is having this problem: If as an appearance preset, when you load the look onto another model you might notice that her mouth is stuck a bit open. The way to fix this is to open "Jaw Physics & Triggers" on her person atom and disable the "Tongue Collison" checkbox.

This is a problem with the default collision spheres on VaM characters and custom head morphs (with smaller jaws than the Gen2 model). Even though the head morph is scaled with the bones correctly, this scaling, unfortunately does not translate when VaM adds the colliders to person atoms.

For now, the above 'solution' is the easiest way to deal with it; Otherwise, if you're so inclined, you can use the Collider Editor plugin to manually adjust the size of the tongue colliders, but unless you specifically need tongue colliders for your super bespoke BJ scene, I feel it's a bit overkill for most stuff.

Back
Top Bottom