• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

WindControl+

Plugins WindControl+ 1.6

wgsoup

Featured Contributor
Reactions
wgsoup submitted a new resource:

WindControl+ - Plugin to control wind on characters

Enhanced version of the wind plugin included in VAM

Additional functionalities:
-Wind can affect all cloths, hair and colliders at once for a single character
-Added a single slider (Wind strength) to handle all the other variables
-Added lower magnitude coefficient to change the range for the wind magnitude depending on the wind strength
-Each single body collider can be enabled/disabled
-each collider has a mobility factor to determine how strong the wind can push on...

Read more about this resource...

Disregard the part of my review where I asked for more clarification. I'm an idiot and downloaded your plugin while in VR in VAM and never saw that you already had a write-up for it. lol. Amazing plugin!!

wgsoup updated WindControl+ with a new update entry:

Update 1.2

Update 1.2
  • Merged Radial and Directional plugins into one, Radial Wind toggle will change the mode
  • Created new script to make wind blow objects WindControl_Object and WindControl_Target
  • Suck/Blow and Wind Decay will only be used if the Radial Wind check is enabled
  • Enabling an object will also set its control to Off for position and rotation, physics have to be enabled manually
  • Included demo fom WindControl_Object and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

WindControl+ v.1.3

Update 1.3
- Adds function to make with strength depend on attached Atom's velocity or rotation (plugin must be attached to an Atom with rigidbody, empty atom will not work)
- Adds color coded controls:
Light Grey: Main controls
Dark Grey: Radial wind controls
Yellow: Velocity to wind strenght controls
Green: Colliders controls
Blue: Preset controls
- Renames colliders controls
- Removes unrelated scripts from bundle

I'm trying to use your plugin on a scene with animation of a person falling through the air. If I change the blue axis of the atom to have the wind coming from "below", the animation changes the axis back to it's original position. Is there an easy way to alter this? Can I pin the direction of the wind in one axis no matter how the animation moves the atom axis?

Hi,

Any atom animation to its control component will normally change the wind angle if it has the plugin attached. You can only assign the plugin to a different empty atom that doesn't rotate and points the blue axis upward.

WindControl+ 1.4

Update 1.4
- Removes unrelated files from bundle
- Adds oscillation function (Only works if randomizer is enabled)
- Adds more granular controls for quickness, period and oscillation

Oscillates Current Magnitude function:
- Makes current magnitude oscillate between a negative and a positive value
- The oscillation interval is determined by the Strength and the Lower Magnitude Coefficient.
- The Oscillation Variance slider determines how random is the oscillation relatively to the interval...

Hi, thanks for your plugin.
I attach the plugin to a person using Windcontrol_person.cs. How can I change the wind direction ?

Hi, thanks for your plugin.
I attach the plugin to a person using Windcontrol_person.cs. How can I change the wind direction ?

Attach it to an empty atom instead, rotating the empty atom will change the wind direction.

Update 1.5

- Fixes issue with preset load
- Fixes force on clothes when plugin is removed and disabled or cloth toggle is disabled
- Adds auto toggles for quickness and period for hassle free usage
- Adds function to push freecontrollers, wind can push single freecontrollers, it's recommended setting them as Comply
- Adds Panel to select target UISlider, currentmagnitude value is sent to the selected slider
- Adds control collider, this allows the characted to be pushed around by the wind, only...

Attach it to an empty atom instead, rotating the empty atom will change the wind direction.
what is an empty atom? how do you create an empty atom? i tried adding to a cua, nothing. what is this empty atom?

nevermind, im an idiot, i see it below cua,, empty atom...

Last edited:
what is an empty atom? how do you create an empty atom? i tried adding to a cua, nothing. what is this empty atom?

nevermind, im an idiot, i see it below cua,, empty atom...
Hi, Empty Atoms are under Misc category. Should work with any atom btw

Hello. Wanted to clarify. Is it possible to make this plugin affect only hair or only cloth instead of both? If not - is this feature maybe planned? Thank's.

Hello. Wanted to clarify. Is it possible to make this plugin affect only hair or only cloth instead of both? If not - is this feature maybe planned? Thank's.
Hi, it's not possible at this time. Will take that into consideration.

Is there any possibility to have the wind affect Unity rigidbodies? I have a few CUA's with rigidbody bones that will look extremely good. Maybe some way to detect all rigidbodies in a scene?

should be doable, will consider that for the next update. Cheers

Another one that might be considered; specific clothing being affected? like affecting the skirt, but not their shirt, or a cape and not their outfit?

EDIT

Sorry, didn't realize it had already been asked.

Last edited:
> Is it possible to make this plugin affect only hair or only cloth instead of both? If not - is this feature maybe planned? Thank's.

Hi, it's not possible at this time. Will take that into consideration.

+1 for that request, please make separate controls for hair/cloth.
Great plugin btw!

Update 1.6

- Splits toggles to affect clothes and hair
- Improves wind turbulence, used lerp to smooth random changes in time
- Adds Hair Rigidity Control and stress meter, It's possible to enable/disable hair painted rigidity from the plugin and have the rigidity gets disabled when the treshold is reached. Hair should be configured beforehand to work properly with and without painted rigidity.
- Filters Person Items as targets, Only persons can be targeted with the WindControl_Person script.
- Fixes...

Oh man. OH MAN! If the latest update rly lets you control separately the hair this is a banger! Tytytyyyy

Do you have a write-up of what the controls all do? Some seem fairly obvious, but there are others that aren't so. For instance, I'm not sure the difference between oscillation and ramdomization and whether they work together or one only (since you can check both on). Etc. The body sliders on the right are self-explanatory, but it's some of the ones on the left that aren't.

Back
Top Bottom