• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Why does the texture disappear?

KirishimaNoa

Reactions
I created a unity asset bundle of character hair.
Although I added texture in Unity, the texture disappears when it is installed in VAM.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hair.png

As far as I can see, everything looks OK.
I guess "Iroha Kami" is the right material?
Ther seems to be noo issues with that single sided shader, nor with a black base color or "metallic" is tuned in.
Nevertheless, the texture is showing up correctly in Unity.
Are you sure you don't have any light sources in your unity scene, so that the asset has a dark lighting?
Don't seems so.
Strange thing is, that in VaM there seems to be a texture as well.
If not, it would be most likely white according to the material settings.

Two things...
First: are there any error messages or warning signs when exporting as unity asset? Is there something wrong with the texture?
Second: I guess, you maybe have created a black haired asset first...?
Did you have deleted the old file in the asset creating window (sorry, I am at work and can't take a look how it was s named correctly), and have dropped in the newly saved one?
Do they have the name? Maybe try to save the scene again with an other name, clear the asset creation thingy from any old files and drop in the new one.
(Third... did you really have copied and renamed the newly created asset in the VaM folder? Sometimes I forget to rename the asset file and then I only see an old version).
((Forth: Do you maybe have issues with the VaM texture cache? Please look after the cache settings, are there error messages? Did you already tried to restard or hard reset VaM after creating the asset?))

Upvote 0
Thank you for your comment.
I checked all the points you suggested but somehow texture didn't work.

Finally, I fixed the problem now by changing Shader mode from "Standard" to "Defuse".
I don't know why the Standard shader doesn't work...
Probably, the basic setting of Unity is problem. But I don't know what it is.

1626612696180.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom