• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Where is a tutorial for textures

capta134

Reactions
When adding a skin texture I always use decal. If I add to others (for example Diffuse) I see no change.

Is there a source /page or tutorial for the definition of a texture page?

I need to know what is the definition of decal, diffuse, gloss, and normal.

Solution
In practical terms that's what these are for:

Decal: for stuff to pu over the skin (eg. makeup, tattoos)
Diffuse: the coloured skin
Gloss: how much it reflects light
Normal: direction that reflected light takes

Other things like clothes for example also have texture fields like these and serve similar purposes, adding that for it a alpha texture is about how transparent the cloth is and a sim texture how much it can move.
Thank you for the video, but the brief 2-minute tutorial did not address my specific question. While I'm already familiar with concepts like skin tabs and changing skin color, my current issue is with the 'Skin Texture' tab. I've observed that selecting anything other than 'Decal' in this tab doesn't produce any visible effects.
I wonder if anyone can provide definitions and explanations for 'decal,' 'diffuse,' 'gloss,' and 'normal'? I am particularly interested in understanding their respective uses and functions within the context of the 'Skin Texture' tab.

Upvote 0
In practical terms that's what these are for:

Decal: for stuff to pu over the skin (eg. makeup, tattoos)
Diffuse: the coloured skin
Gloss: how much it reflects light
Normal: direction that reflected light takes

Other things like clothes for example also have texture fields like these and serve similar purposes, adding that for it a alpha texture is about how transparent the cloth is and a sim texture how much it can move.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom