Question Where can I find a tool that generated JPGs from VAR scene previews?

le_hibou

Reactions
I’m looking for a tool that would scan a folder of VAR files and copy the JPG associated with the scene JSON at the root of the folder with the same name as the VAR.
I’m thinking that such a tool must exist, because I’ve seen big archives of VAR files organized like that, and I doubt they’ve done it manually.
Do you know where I could find such a tool?
Thanks!

I'm not really sure what you trying to do.
If you wanna copy all JPGs from a folder including all subfolders just go to the root folder and type "*.jpg" (without "") in the search bar of your file explorer.

Second method would be just to sort all files by type if everything is in one folder, easy.

Upvote 0
I'm not really sure what you trying to do.
If you wanna copy all JPGs from a folder including all subfolders just go to the root folder and type "*.jpg" (without "") in the search bar of your file explorer.

Second method would be just to sort all files by type if everything is in one folder, easy.
That would work if my folder contained more folders, but I don't think it works with VAR archives.
To be clearer, let's say I have several VAR files in <MyFolder> like this:
<MyFolder>/<Creator>.<Name>.<Version>.var
And each VAR has at leaast one JPG file inside, at a path like this:
/Saves/scene/<SceneName>.jpg
I would like to copy one JPG by VAR to <MyFolder>, maybe renamed as <Creator>.<Name>.<Version>.jpg
I hope it's clearer, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Same problem here.
As there is no way I have found to delete unwanted VARs from inside VAM, this would be helpful with the JPGs to see what's inside the VARs.

At the moment I have to open a scene in VAM and manually note the unwanted VARs. Then delete them with windows explorer.
Is there a better way from inside VAM please ?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I’m looking for a tool that would scan a folder of VAR files and copy the JPG associated with the scene JSON at the root of the folder with the same name as the VAR.

For this purpose (and many others) I have been using VarManager by FeelFar (LINK). This tool is in early stage of development but it is already a powerful tool and has an EXCELLENT, visual varfiles browser - you can see how many scenes/looks/clothes, etc your VARs have, with thumbnails, you can install/deinstall VARs. It's great.

You just have to remember that after the first launch, you have to click SETTINGS and fill in VAM folder and VARs folder. I keep my VARs folder outside of VAM folder, because this tool will create symbolic links to your VARs, without actually copying it to AddonPackages folder and VAM will see them.
After launching, you will have to press UPD DB - it will create a database of all of your VARs and create thumbnails of them, for that visual browser. WARNING: It will also sort your VARs by creating folders for every creator. This can take some time if you don't have a SSD drive. But after that you are good to go.
You will see some errors in the process, but just press Continue and you will be fine. And the font will hurt your eyes.
This tool will NOT touch your VARs in any way, I consider this tool to be safe, at least the current version, 1.0.2.9.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom