When is the next update?

Reactions
It’s been a long time since the last update. Aside from the vibrant content creation community, this is starting to feel like a milked product. Given the amount of dough MeshedVR is raking in on Patreon, it doesn’t feel like any of it is being invested into the product. If none of this is the case, regular improvements and communication would prevent such impressions from festering.

It’s been a long time since the last update. Aside from the vibrant content creation community, this is starting to feel like a milked product. Given the amount of dough MeshedVR is raking in on Patreon, it doesn’t feel like any of it is being invested into the product. If none of this is the case, regular improvements and communication would prevent such impressions from festering.
There will be no updates anymore for the current 1.x version. Meshed is working on the next version literally since years,Vam 2.x -> https://discord.com/channels/363274293112602636/909075760323629067

Even after they announced that VaM 1.x won't get any updates, it still got updates though. VaM 1.x is based on old techniques like the Genesis 2, which are models that got released in 2013. We are now on Genesis 9, which is 4 generations further (Genesis 3, 8, 8.1 and 9).

VaM 2.x will be a completly new and more recent version build up from the ground. I will keep using VaM 1.x for a long time, even though it's based on old technology but meanwhile i'm also playing with DAZ3D with Genesis 9. I don't like 8 and 8.1, the characters look way to "plastic".

So I really hope VaM 2.x will support Genesis 9 aswell. As for now, it only supports Genesis 8 as far I know.

Even though I do like VaM 1.x very much, it's a powerful tool, I always got irritated by the limited lighting options and the artificial and weird/fake looking facial expressions. I really hope that in the future I can import my characters to a newer version, but I think that's kinda hard to do. I don't really want to lose my characters I created, so that's why I keep on using VaM 1.x, even if VaM 2.x official got released as version 1.

They communicated a lot about VaM 2.x to be honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom