Wardrobe Clothing Textures and Presets

Textures Wardrobe Clothing Textures and Presets

WrongTamago

Featured Contributor
Reactions
WrongTamago submitted a new resource:

Wardrobe Clothing Textures and Presets - Textures and presets for built-in (a.k.a. MeshedVR) clothing items

What is this?

Clothing textures and presets for builtin (a.k.a. MeshedVR) clothing items. These were compiled from textures for the old Wardrobe plugin by VamDazzler. I extracted the alpha masks, and created the presets and thumbnails.

Presets are also included for many texture sets that are already included in the base game. The preset thumbnails make it more convenient than flipping through the texture sets one by one.

There...

Read more about this resource...

Would love to see this hub hosted or is it that it's too big?

I've thought about it. I may do that later. Do you know what the size limit is?

I've thought about it. I may do that later. Do you know what the size limit is?
I have no clue, but I was thinking the size might not get affected if you break it up into 2 or 3 var files.

Last edited:
is this backwards compatible? a.k.a. can i delete the old wardrobe mod after i download this?

I have no clue, but I was thinking the size might not get affected if you break it up into 2 or 3 var files.
I think the limit is around 400 MB, which means it would have to be split into 4 parts. That might it it a bit annoying to browse, unless you use one of the "flattened" options. I was thinking of zipping it up and splitting it that way. You'd have to unzip it to AddonPackages though, which means that it couldn't be automatically downloaded in game.

Maybe I'll just ask on the suggestions forum first.

is this backwards compatible? a.k.a. can i delete the old wardrobe mod after i download this?
If you mean the texture pack that DJ_clem posted on Reddit, then "sort of". Any references to textures have to be manually updated to point to the VAR file. There's no way to do this automatically as far as I know, and this is true any time someone takes a loose asset and packs it into a VAR. If all references are updated, then yes you can delete the textures.

The textures were all located in:
Custom/Clothing/Female/Builtin

Individual clothing presets are stored there too (*.vap and their corresponding .jpg), so don't delete those unless you want to get rid of them.

If you really want to, you can use something like Notepad++ to search all .json files in your Saves folder for that path. Then replace text with:
WrongTamago.WardrobeClothingPresets.latest:/Custom/Clothing/Female/Builtin

If you have the textures stored in other presets, then you'd have to search *.vap files in the Custom folders as well.

If you mean the old Wardrobe plugin, then no. That plugin is obsolete, as the functionality was built into VaM before VAR support was added. The presets use the builtin method, not the plugin.

thanks for the answer. i was refering to this wardrobe mod https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/wardrobe-clothing.1301/
but now i understand, that yours is not related, correct?
i think i will just go ahead and download yours.

thanks for sharing!
Oh, I totally didn't realize that someone already did pretty much the same thing. I thought I had looked through all the Clothing too. Well, that's a bit disappointing. I guess you could use one or the other, because they would be very similar. Mine might have a small number more, but I'm not positive.

Even the guide in the description is pretty similar. 😭

Edit: I'm going to have to check out the alpha masks in that pack. I did significant work on them for mine.

Last edited:
Alphas in that pack are good. an3k's pack has a few textures that mine doesn't have, and mine has a few textures that an3k's doesn't have. Welp, I guess it's your preference then.

WrongTamago updated Wardrobe Clothing Textures and Presets with a new update entry:

Split into three VARs for hosting on the Hub

I've split up the single VAR into three packs because of the file size limit for hosting on the Hub. Each one is just under 500 MB. You can download all three, or just pick the one(s) you like. This should also help to reduce the size of dependencies if you want to use these in released scenes (as long as you don't use all three).

Pack 1 includes these sets:
- Alphakini
- Avery
- Errands
- Fancy
- Heat Up
- IC
- Simple
- ST Sneakers
- Swim Wear 2
- Tank Top & Shorts

Pack 2 includes these...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Wrong Tamago, What is the look that is used in the images in this pack? Can't seem to find that info.

There may be an obvious answer to this, but I was trying to figure out what someone does who never had the original 1.42 gb var from the mega link but picks up an older var look/scene that used it as a dependent? I suppose at this point the easiest thing is to load the look w/o and try to recreate it through the appropriate pack by choosing the clothing and customizing the texture under preset, yea? Amazing work here, to be sure.

There may be an obvious answer to this, but I was trying to figure out what someone does who never had the original 1.42 gb var from the mega link but picks up an older var look/scene that used it as a dependent? I suppose at this point the easiest thing is to load the look w/o and try to recreate it through the appropriate pack by choosing the clothing and customizing the texture under preset, yea? Amazing work here, to be sure.
Yes, that's about all you can do. The only alternative would be to edit the JSON manually to change the VAR references to the right ones, but that might be even more difficult. Sorry about that. The old VAR was only up for 2 days, so I decided to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom