• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered Various dependencies no longer showing up as hub-hosted, but they are?

bill_prime

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.buymeacoffee.com
Some resources are no longer showing up as hub-hosted for some reason.
I don't know how wide-spread this issue is, or what is causing it.
Below are 2 resources used in many scenes that now show as not-hub-hosted:

These errors show up for any scenes that use these resources:
1669329880753.png

Last edited:
I noticed somewhat similar issue with this resource:
When referenced:
Link for referenced resource goes to "Oops! We ran..." causing not hub-hosted bug and also download link is weird.
Download link shows message on top "Your changes have been saved." 🤔🤷‍♂️

Examples:
-Good (hub-hosted, resource link and download works):
links to SupaRioAmateur.Sub_Demi_Eyes.3

-Bad (not hub-hosted, broken resource link and strange download):

Sorry for reviving older thread, didn't feel like opening new thread for similar issues.

Upvote 0
I noticed somewhat similar issue with this resource:
When referenced:
Link for referenced resource goes to "Oops! We ran..." causing not hub-hosted bug and also download link is weird.
Download link shows message on top "Your changes have been saved." 🤔🤷‍♂️

Examples:
-Good (hub-hosted, resource link and download works):

-Bad (not hub-hosted, broken resource link and strange download):

Sorry for reviving older thread, didn't feel like opening new thread for similar issues.
OK I fixed a bunch more caused by the same issue with a different resource. I fixed all the bad references to this bad resource which included many different packages. If you see any more, let me know. Thank you.

Upvote 0
OK I fixed a bunch more caused by the same issue with a different resource. I fixed all the bad references to this bad resource which included many different packages. If you see any more, let me know. Thank you.
As this seems to happen more often, would it maybe make sense to implement some kind of automated process that scans for these issues? And how does this happen in the first place?

Upvote 0
As this seems to happen more often, would it maybe make sense to implement some kind of automated process that scans for these issues? And how does this happen in the first place?
It happened (past tense) when someone uploaded a var file that was already on the Hub. When that happens, other resources that reference it now point to the new version. But in this case the user did it by accident (not their var files) and removed the resource, breaking the references. It is supposed to auto-fix, but something is broken there. So I manually fixed the references. We have prevented this from happening going forward by no longer allowing upload of a var file that is already been published on the Hub.

It is definitely possible to look for other broken references and try to fix them. It isn't something I am inclined to do because I think it would take less time to fix the small handful of cases that are broken rather than make a fix-up php/sql script to find and repair them all. And since duplicates can no longer be uploaded it should prevent further cases from appearing. We are just fixing old broken stuff now.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, a question, I don't know if it fits exactly in this forum topic but I hope so: Why when uploading a resource to the Hub it sometimes doesn't have the label "hosted in the Hub"?

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, a question, I don't know if it fits exactly in this forum topic but I hope so: Why when uploading a resource to the Hub it sometimes doesn't have the label "hosted in the Hub"?
I think this can happen if some of the dependencies on a free item are not hub hosted. All of your free resources say hub hosted. All paid items are not hub hosted, because this is not the store. This is only the "window display" for the department store of Patreon resources.

Upvote 0
I remember when I uploaded my first scene it did not show up as hub hosted, but only for a brief time. Other than that I've never had that happen again so I'm not sure what would cause it 🤔

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom