• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered Various dependencies no longer showing up as hub-hosted, but they are?

bill_prime

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.buymeacoffee.com
Some resources are no longer showing up as hub-hosted for some reason.
I don't know how wide-spread this issue is, or what is causing it.
Below are 2 resources used in many scenes that now show as not-hub-hosted:

These errors show up for any scenes that use these resources:
1669329880753.png

Last edited:
Some resources are no longer showing up as hub-hosted for some reason.
I don't know how wide-spread this issue is, or what is causing it.
Below are 2 resources used in many scenes that now show as not-hub-hosted:

These errors show up for any scenes that use these resources:
View attachment 179601

Yes, they're showing up through VAM itself as hub hosted, but it's something on the website that's not showing up correctly. Meshed and Citizen are going to look into it and get it fixed.

Upvote 0
Nevermind. We found and fixed the issue. It was caused by me deleting a resource a while back that accidentally uploaded duplicates. We are working on a separate fix for that, but the dependency issue is now resolved.

Upvote 0
Nevermind. We found and fixed the issue. It was caused by me deleting a resource a while back that accidentally uploaded duplicates. We are working on a separate fix for that, but the dependency issue is now resolved.
Hiho....are we sure this is fixed?

I got contacted by @coll69 who send me this picture:
1670146048472.png

Now LogicBricks.12 is most definitely on the Hub. Sadly I don't have more details on the resource, but possibly @coll69 could send it to you.

Some other oddities I noticed, though:

Upvote 0
I am not quite sure what details i could add.
Please let me know if anything from my side is needed.
I created an example var

its just an empty scene with one "empty" atom and MacGruber State Machine.
When i put this into my clean install i get that "not on hub" as MacGruber already posted.
Looking at the JSON file everything seems right to me.
And i am almost sure that 2 or 3 weeks ago this issue was not there.

btw @ascorad is having the same issue with LogicBricks

Upvote 0
@MacGruber @meshedvr I also tried rolling back the scene I was working on to Logic Bricks 9 to see if that could resolve the issue, but I had the same results pulling that one from the hub too from a clean install of VaM.
1670173475618.png

Going back to LogicBricks.12, scenes like this one seem to be pointing to it without any issue:
1670173710222.png

I downloaded this scene and checked the meta.json and could not find any discernable difference between their reference to LogicBricks.12 and the one in my scene that did not work. Only difference being that I didn't upload my scene to the hub because I didn't want anyone to have issues with it if they didn't already have LogicBricks installed.

There also seems to be an issue where referencing LogicBricks.latest still points to LogicBricks.8. Hopefully this helps! Thanks for looking into it! Thanks @coll69 for pointing this out :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll dig into this and figure out. Almost certainly an API issue, should be a relatively easy fix once I identify the specific bug.

Upvote 0
@meshedvr I just checked with the scene that @coll69 posted with nothing but an empty atom containing a state machine and I'm still getting this on a clean install of VaM:
2022-12-08 21_13_07-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT.jpg

When Selecting LogicBricks from MacGruber's list of resources, it does resolve the correct URL now from the hub website iteslf, instead of going to the default resources page, however I'm still not able to grab it from the in-game hub when attempting to locate the dependency. I'll create a fresh scene and see if I can get it that way and update.

Upvote 0
@meshedvr I just created a brand new scene with nothing but an empty atom with the linear animation plugin from LogicBricks and received the same "Not On Hub" result.

I modified the meta file and json to point to LogicBricks.latest instead of LogicBricks.12 and I'm still getting version 8 instead of version 12, which also doesn't populate in the in-game hub:
1670552633181.png

Upvote 0
@meshedvr I just created a brand new scene with nothing but an empty atom with the linear animation plugin from LogicBricks and received the same "Not On Hub" result.

I modified the meta file and json to point to LogicBricks.latest instead of LogicBricks.12 and I'm still getting version 8 instead of version 12, which also doesn't populate in the in-game hub:
View attachment 184925

I just tried this exact thing out of curiosity, and did not get any errors with exact or latest reference options and it seems like it shows the references properly.
Not much of a test group but thought I would share.

Upvote 0
@bill_prime
Did you create a new file or used mine?
I just tried it again and its still the same situation for me.

Would you mind sharing your file please, i want to try it on my machine too

Upvote 0
@bill_prime
Did you create a new file or used mine?
I just tried it again and its still the same situation for me.

Would you mind sharing your file please, i want to try it on my machine too
New scene I created, nothing in it but 1 atom in both cases.

Attachments

• bill_prime.test1.1.var
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • bill_prime.test2.1.var
    6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Now that @bill_prime has come up with completely different results I am thoroughly confused as to why myself and @coll69 are still having the problem. I assume that there are redundancy measures in place since the site is used all over the world. Perhaps there's been a delay or some other hiccup during replication to some nodes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem still persists with LogicBricks12. Cannot download the plugin ingame through the hub when I packaged a scene. All other plugins were found.

1671127019034.png

Upvote 0
Here is a other thing that nobody mentioned yet

If you navigate over the HUB image and download a package the dependency is ok
BUT
If you use the 'find missing dependecies' button macgrubers package is shown as not available.

This may explain the different reports here.
And the bug is still alive !
Please send the pest control..

Upvote 0
@meshedvr @CitizenX
Just looked at this again, the issue is definitely NOT fixed.

For testing I removed dependencies for MacGruber.LogicBricksDemo.12 from my VaM 1.20.77.13 folder, restarted VaM and tried to re-download the dependencies. They all work, except for LogicBricks.12:
1671643987264.png

The funny thing is that I can look at LogicBricks in the HubBrowse window and download there (yes, I tried):
1671644196379.png

This is not an acceptable workaround as normal users won't understand what is happening. Normal users would assume it's on Patreon somewhere or whatever.

From the outside I can only guess, but I suppose there are inconsistencies in the database. Might someone else uploaded a package with the same name for example? Whether it's malicious intent or accident, I don't think there is protection against that? Otherwise, might it be something like CDN's being out of sync? (I'm in Europe, so maybe using different CDN than you do?)

Upvote 0
@meshedvr @CitizenX
Just looked at this again, the issue is definitely NOT fixed.

For testing I removed dependencies for MacGruber.LogicBricksDemo.12 from my VaM 1.20.77.13 folder, restarted VaM and tried to re-download the dependencies. They all work, except for LogicBricks.12:
Just tried this again with VaM 1.22.0.1. Now it worked, so it may be finally fixed.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom