Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Varbsorb - Clean duplicates from old vac files and downloaded scenes (command line tool)

Varbsorb

Get rid of Virt-A-Mate Custom and Saves files that have been made available in a .var file.

Usage

Download from the Releases, and extract somewhere on your machine.

In a command line:

> varbsorb --vam C:\Vam

This will scan your Virt-A-Mate Saves and Custom folders as well as the .var packages in your AddonPackages folder. When it finds a file that exists in both the...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, Acid Bubbles! Im relevantly new to VAM. I see this is a year old post and i`m just not sure if it's still working with current VAM versions. Found an old (posted a year ago) utility on reddit too (Vacuum) that should do something similar like this one. Could you please clarify if it's still usable today? If thats the case then i'm gonna run to clean my hard drive))

Hi and welcome to the community! It's been a while since I didn't use it myself (now that my cleanup is done, I _only_ download var files) but it should still work fine! Worst case, backup your things first (it will send files to the recycle bin, but it will modify the json files to point to the var files). I spent a _lot_ of time testing and tweaking when I did it but I don't think it's perfectly bulletproof still. There are unit tests and it's well documented though.

Is there a way to make it continue even after it finds an invalid package name? Or maybe to automatically mark the invalid package for deletion?

@Acid Bubbles Thanks...I ended up getting it done by just removing or fixing (renaming) the broken ones and it went through and completed. Took awhile though, and especially sucked when it got close to the end but would find one and then stop, but not a problem, I am appreciative it was available at all for use. Thank you.

I tried running this and immediately got an error:
D:\VaM-Barebones>varbsorb --vam d:\vam-barebones
Invalid var package name: 'Scamp.PyssyHairParadise.1 (1).var'

Am I doing something wrong?

It was an outlier, and worked after that. It was the identical error. I deleted the file.

Hey, Acid! This was a great tool. My question to you is, is there any tool we have around that checks the var files themselves and removes THEIR duplicates? For example, Random.Look.1.var has a folder in it with a bunch of morphs that are also in Random.Look.2.var, and they of course show up as dups and slow everything down. Any easy way to delete the dups within vars?

I'm not sure, I think I saw a few programs dealing with var files. But having .1.var and .2.var should not show as duplicate if "only latest" is ticked (default).

I used terrible examples - let's say anony.laura.1.var and blarmy.CarScene.14.var - completely unrelated to each other, different authors, with overlap within.

Hi! My VAM is a huge mess and i don't know how to clean it up without starting to break things.
Specially as i am trying to create content for VAM and the startup is getting way to long.

The instructions for varbsorb are not very clear to me, trying to run the exe just opens and closes a window before i get to see what it is and then nothing happens. I figured i need to use CMD/powershell. I'm not sure what i'm doing but i think i figured it out. But i'm getting a error saying. "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\varbsorb\pmmmxe4i.cu0\varbsorb.dll"

Am i doing something wrong or am i missing something else?

I'm thankfull for any help.

Hi there! The tool was developed to refer to .var files instead of floating files, and startup times are caused by having lots of var file... so varbsorb won't really help you there anyway :(

Won't work for me, I get this error even after installing the listed requirement:
"An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (varbsorb.deps.json) was not found:
package: 'runtimepack.Microsoft.NETCore.App.Runtime.win-x64', version: '3.1.3'
path: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core.dll'"

I figured, but is there another that does the same thing? I'd like to clean out my old custom folder.

The application to execute does not exist: 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\varbsorb\pmmmxe4i.cu0\varbsorb.dll'.

Back
Top Bottom