• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question VAM lighting is much brighter than Unity

WasserChan

Reactions
I've noticed when importing environments (with baked lighting), they get MUCH brighter in VAM. My baked lighting looks great in Unity, but looks like garbage in VAM because all the shaded areas are brightened.
Is this something I can avoid or disable? It ruins the ambiance and realism of my scenes. For example, here is my scene in Unity:
1682048912799.png

And here is the same scene in VAM:
1682049006066.png

As you can see, the lightmap is still there but the areas in shadow are brightened. Is this something with my export settings? Is this just a VAM thing? It seems like it has nothing to do with the ambient lighting or environment lighting settings, those only affect the lighting on dynamic objects like people.

I'm not sure if your problem is brighting or just no lightmaps imported.
Are you sure that you imported lightmaps?

I have a probleme to import lightmaps myself.
I do baking light in unity.
But no baked lights in VAM

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if your problem is brighting or just no lightmaps imported.
Are you sure that you imported lightmaps?

I have a probleme to import lightmaps myself.
I do baking light in unity.
But no baked lights in VAM
yes, they're imported. The issue seems to be the lightmap compression.

Upvote 0
Just some quick notes that may or may not be helpful :ROFLMAO:
  • Check whether you accidentally imported the Unity lights you used for baking your lightmaps into your AssetBundle. Then you would have them in VaM as well....if you then add your own VaM lightsources....the result would be 2x the light ;) Assuming you went with my AssetBundle guide and the example project, there is an "EditorOnly" script. You can put that onto things you don't want to include in your AssetBundle, so you could put it on the LightSources.
  • This could be a Linear vs. Gamma color space issue. Make sure your Unity project settings are correct, VaM needs linear color space. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click Other Settings tab. Set Color Space->Linear (default is Gamma)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom