• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

TongueControl

Plugins TongueControl 1

What does this plugin do different than adjusting the morph values?

When you use morphs that change the tongue shape, you constantly have to adjust things like its up/down orientation or the mouth openness in order to avoid glitches. This can be painful especially when you are doing animations.
The plugin uses morphs and when something moves it automatically adjusts the rest so the whole thing doesn't go crazy.

how can I use this with Timeline? Timeline can animate position rotation of controls, values of morphs and call triggers. How can I dynamically change sliders in this plugin? Maybe you also have a nice way of recording animation for it live. I'm all ears.

how can I use this with Timeline? Timeline can animate position rotation of controls, values of morphs and call triggers. How can I dynamically change sliders in this plugin? Maybe you also have a nice way of recording animation for it live. I'm all ears.

Once your person atom has both Timeline and TongueControl, go in Timeline, click on "Add/remove targets" and then select the storable float "plugin#X_FaceModel.TongueControl". Right below you'll be able to add the parameters you want to animate.
I don't know how to record the sliders value, I only played with keyframes.

GREAT ! Thank you for the tip. I'll record some stuff today then. Timeline 5 has a way of recording params live. I'll make onscreen UI sliders for the ones in your plugin and then I can do a live record while the anim is playing (head movements most probably).
All those HJ and BJ things have started coming nicely just recently: Timeline - live mocap recording + recording of params like finger movements and now your fantastic tongue stuff + Divining Rod plugin that always keeps the ROD aligned with the mouth. Now I can do all sorts of crap like have licking, kissing, gentle motion, delicate sucking.
Thank you for making this nice plugin !
The thing that I miss the most now is a better Lipsync solution. There was an initiative with those Visemes but it has been abandoned. It looked REALLY good though. Having a more believable speaking character would be my dream.

Last edited:
This is plugin-adjacent, but it seems like a lot of people don't know that the default Tongue Materials setting is actually darkened:
1636989644805.png

This makes the tongue look more gray/purple than it should, probably a deliberate choice by Meshed to help compensate for lack of Ambient Occlusion. But I think it looks pretty weird when the tongue is out in the open. I often make it a little bit redder or pinker, in fact, not just correcting the diffuse darkness.
There aren't really any rooftops to shout this from, but thought i'd share where I can!

Controlling with UIAssist. I don't know how to make it automatic, though. So happy spam clicking for me, yay!

Back
Top Bottom