Thanks to all the supporters!!

HolySchmidt

Reactions
I just wanna say thank you very much to all the people supporting this program with their free stuff. I have no idea how much time it takes to create an environment or quality clothings or awesome plugins, but I can imagine it's a lot.

Without all of you this wouldn't be nearly the same, it's the spices that makes a dish delicous. I love your spice, thanks to everyone who feels spoken to.
You are the best!

😘

Having released a couple of environments recently, I feel like I'm included in the group of people you're thanking. A least I hope so :p

Well, you are very welcome. I'd like to thank back all people taking the time to give a like, a review or feedback. That's what makes it worthwhile. It also allows to progress way more than with restricted content!
I'm really glad I did all those free stuff and I'll continue to do so. I've learnt a lot thanks to the community.

We really need to get rid of the "if he/she made money for that crap I can get money from my crappy content too" spirit and more of "it's so cool there is so much quality free content, I should share too" :)
Having reusable free content is what will make this community continue to thrive, in my opinion!

Just saw your post @HolySchmidt (from another thread!) and thought yeah, that probably applies to me since I'm releasing everything for free (I do have an early access model, but as I often say it's more as a thanks to people who support my work rather than something I'm trying to sell, and a good way to get highly motivated people involved in early versions of plugins) but also, I should forward those thanks to all of the people who released great looks, hair, textures, assets, clothing, plugins...

I'm trying to credit people as much as I can but I also forget sometimes when I do a quick demo of something and it happens that the look I was using at that time was the hard work of several other people. It's very easy to take all of this for granted.

This is a huge problem and a huge strength in the open-source community too. You get critical pieces of software used by thousands of companies, including giants, which was done by a forgotten soul that no one knows about (until they get a security vulnerability). But somehow, both the open-source community AND commercial products somehow strive. Partly because there is interest from commercial entities to invest in open source, and there are enough people who want to make things happen and put in the time for their own interests, or just because they want to get involved and participate.

I don't know how this will translate to VaM in the long term yet, but clearly, it's already a mix of both philosophies. Being a platform on which people can really innovate, it draws in passionate people who collaborate and share knowledge... this wouldn't happen in a pure "store"... so I'm very thankful for it.

Oh, and one thing that is grossly underestimated is the time it takes to actually become _good_ at something, and becoming good at VaM does not necessarily translate to other domains. So when you use great stuff (especially custom clothing, textures, hair and plugins but it's true for all types of assets) remember that someone spent quite a lot of time learning a skill that's pretty much only useful for making VaM stuff, this is sadly not something they can brag about to their friends and neighbors :D So yeah, that "like" or "rate" actually means a lot because it gives meaning to our work and makes it feel impactful.

Oh, and one thing that is grossly underestimated is the time it takes to actually become _good_ at something, and becoming good at VaM does not necessarily translate to other domains. So when you use great stuff (especially custom clothing, textures, hair and plugins but it's true for all types of assets) remember that someone spent quite a lot of time learning a skill that's pretty much only useful for making VaM stuff, this is sadly not something they can brag about to their friends and neighbors :D So yeah, that "like" or "rate" actually means a lot because it gives meaning to our work and makes it feel impactful.
That is exactly why I'm not contributing in making stuff for VaM (clothings and things), I simply ain't got the skills. And I know how much time it takes in learning new stuff, especially computer related. I tried to make a pair of handcuffs in blender watching youtube videos, I gave up very fast. The tools are too complex to handle a software like this in a couple of hours, it takes months. Several years ago (that's nearly 20 ... where's the time) I learned to work with Photoshop and created 2D Artworks, but this already took weeks and it's not even 3D.

So yeah, all I can do at least is saying thanks to all of you ;)

Totally agree: VAM creators are amazing! :love: I appreciate everyone who made something and put it on the hub. 🥰 My only hope is that someday I will learn to make a scene and do the same.

I take this opportunity to thank all the creators too and I want to say that, at least so far, the general VaM community here on the hub is truly great.

I see kind and polite people everywhere helping other people. :)

Back
Top Bottom