SpyCam&Tablet

Assets SpyCam&Tablet

not loading might be a virus?
Assetbundles can't contain a virus. Using assetbundles is a bit tricky. Did you follow the user's instructions? We have removed your existing review and the resource owner's comment. Please consider using the discussion forum to work out issues before leaving a review next time. Thank you.

We have tried this addon ourselves and it works as intended.

@Griffo11709 I suggest giving more clear instructions. Something like:
  1. Download zip.
  2. Extract the .assetbundle inside the zip into the Custom/Assets folder inside the VaM directory
  3. In VaM, add 2 CustomUnityAsset atoms.
  4. On 1st CustomUnityAsset atom, click Asset tab in UI, then Select File.... choose the SpyCam2.0.assetbundle file. Then in Asset dropdown, choose one of the camera assets
  5. On 2nd CustomUnityAsset atom, click Asset tab in UI, then Select File.... choose the SpyCam2.0.assetbundle file. Then in Asset dropdown, choose the table asset
  6. Position CustomUnityAsset atom that has the camera so that it shows what you want on the 2nd tablet atom
I would also suggest in future you package assetbundles into a VAR package. This is preferred delivery mechanism and will allow for your addon to be automatically installed and work with less instructions.

Assetbundles can't contain a virus. Using assetbundles is a bit tricky. Did you follow the user's instructions? We have removed your existing review and the resource owner's comment. Please consider using the discussion forum to work out issues before leaving a review next time. Thank you.

We have tried this addon ourselves and it works as intended.

@Griffo11709 I suggest giving more clear instructions. Something like:
  1. Download zip.
  2. Extract the .assetbundle inside the zip into the Custom/Assets folder inside the VaM directory
  3. In VaM, add 2 CustomUnityAsset atoms.
  4. On 1st CustomUnityAsset atom, click Asset tab in UI, then Select File.... choose the SpyCam2.0.assetbundle file. Then in Asset dropdown, choose one of the camera assets
  5. On 2nd CustomUnityAsset atom, click Asset tab in UI, then Select File.... choose the SpyCam2.0.assetbundle file. Then in Asset dropdown, choose the table asset
  6. Position CustomUnityAsset atom that has the camera so that it shows what you want on the 2nd tablet atom
I would also suggest in future you package assetbundles into a VAR package. This is preferred delivery mechanism and will allow for your addon to be automatically installed and work with less instructions.
Thanks, I appreciate the assistance. I'll update my steps and also update the Bundle to a VAR format when I get the chance.

Works like intended. Thank you so much!
If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion; making it possible to use multiple tablets with corresponding cameras. What I have in mind is to make a monitoring room with multiple displays, but unfortunately with the current way the mod works all the monitors provide the same image. The one from the latest activated camera.
While I'm already here; what are the odds of making a tablet that could provide a feed from a video source on PC. What I have in mind is watching movies or such with my girl.
Thank you for taking the time to read. I by no means am requesting anything and hope I don't come off as rude.

Works like intended. Thank you so much!
If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion; making it possible to use multiple tablets with corresponding cameras. What I have in mind is to make a monitoring room with multiple displays, but unfortunately with the current way the mod works all the monitors provide the same image. The one from the latest activated camera.
While I'm already here; what are the odds of making a tablet that could provide a feed from a video source on PC. What I have in mind is watching movies or such with my girl.
Thank you for taking the time to read. I by no means am requesting anything and hope I don't come off as rude.

I did make a multiple cam bundle but never shared it, but I do give it to those who want it, I'll leave the link below. As for the external video source, that's not really my area of expertise, I'm actually not much of a programmer so I'd have no idea where to start making something like that, sorry.

Glad you enjoy the asset though!

MultiCam Link: https://mega.nz/file/ZxBVyYYJ#i3U002bemKjaWW19ldwJP1b4rBAUPgh1P8-oa6uivq0

I did make a multiple cam bundle but never shared it, but I do give it to those who want it, I'll leave the link below. As for the external video source, that's not really my area of expertise, I'm actually not much of a programmer so I'd have no idea where to start making something like that, sorry.

Glad you enjoy the asset though!

MultiCam Link: https://mega.nz/file/ZxBVyYYJ#i3U002bemKjaWW19ldwJP1b4rBAUPgh1P8-oa6uivq0
Thank you so much good sir!!! I wish you the best of luck in all your future projects!

Regarding the external video source; there is already several web browsers and TV's in VaM by default so watching movies in-game is already an option. Just thought I'd let you know if you're interested.

So HOW do I make a camera zoom?
You can't, best I could do was give you different camrea options with varing FOVs. It's probably possible if someone where to write a script and attach it to the CUA via a plugin, but that's beyond what I'm capable of. I'm not much of a coder.

Back
Top Bottom