• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Soundtrack audio sync

Plugins Soundtrack audio sync 4

lfe

Featured Contributor
Reactions
lfe submitted a new resource:

Soundtrack audio sync - keep animations from desyncing with music because of cpu lag

Ever had a scene that has music with some dancing scene animation or motion capture that is supposed to sync with it?

Those scenes with dancing and the creators that make then are badass. But my computer is not badass. So dancing stops going with the music and I get sad.

This plugin fixes that. Place this plugin on the AudioSource or RhythmAudioSource atom in the scene that is supposed to play the background music.

Make adjustments and hopefully it is better for you.

Read more about this resource...

Wonderful thank you. This will be really useful for alot of people :)

Can I ask: Do you think it would be theoretically possible to do something like this with Acidbubbles timeline plugin?

I ask because being able to sync audio with animations as I build them that way would be a game changer for a number of things I have been struggling to pull off recently. (scrubbing back and forth with the timeline would be incredible)

e.g. playing an instrument, high tempo head banging or simply responding to a vocal track. (I can Use RTlipsync for the lips, but It would be amazing to be able to have all the body stuff just sync up together naturally.)

Maybe a little ambitious, but figured I would ask anyway.

All the best.

Wonderful thank you. This will be really useful for alot of people :)

Can I ask: Do you think it would be theoretically possible to do something like this with Acidbubbles timeline plugin?

I ask because being able to sync audio with animations as I build them that way would be a game changer for a number of things I have been struggling to pull off recently. (scrubbing back and forth with the timeline would be incredible)

e.g. playing an instrument, high tempo head banging or simply responding to a vocal track. (I can Use RTlipsync for the lips, but It would be amazing to be able to have all the body stuff just sync up together naturally.)

Maybe a little ambitious, but figured I would ask anyway.

All the best.

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: I would like to hear more about your use case. There are so many things that can be improved in VaM when it comes to synchronized audio and motion. This plugin has the modest and simple goal of trying to fix audio/animation drift when your framerates drop to a point where the audio is now out of sync - outside of that it does not improve the quality of life for creators much.

Message me on discord and if we happen to find some overlapping free time to talk live I would like to better understand your ideas.

This plugin is great! Being able to experience IsaacNewton's lapdance scenes with softbody physics on really makes them that much better.
Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm looking for a very simple plugin that I can add to a scene for back round music. Like a song on a radio or the TV is left on. Needs to loop. Will this work?

I'm looking for a very simple plugin that I can add to a scene for back round music. Like a song on a radio or the TV is left on. Needs to loop. Will this work?

This plugin will not add sound for you. It assumes you have done the work to add a sound and will make recorded animations stay in sync with that sound if your framerate drops.

Adding sound is pretty hard I agree. There is a video by JustLookingForNothin on youtube that walks through the basics but the VaM version and UI in the video is really old and outdated.

After watching that video and understanding the ideas of triggers, adding scene audio, using an audio source post in the forums here or in discord. There are probably people that know how to make scenes much better than me.

First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful add-on, LFE!
I’m wondering if this plug-in can be updated to support audio source in subscenes?
I use subscene to swap environment, and audio source needs to be within the subscene so each environment can have sound coming from the correct position within the environment.

I have a similar question too: can this be made to work with subscene animations?

I have a similar question too: can this be made to work with subscene animations?

I bet I can figure out something. I do not know anything about subscenes really. Would you mind describing how I can set up a scene with subscene to cause the plugin to break? Sorry for my ignorance.

I bet I can figure out something. I do not know anything about subscenes really. Would you mind describing how I can set up a scene with subscene to cause the plugin to break? Sorry for my ignorance.
I'm certain there are more use cases when it comes to combining animations across different scenes, but for me, I add entire animations into a subscene which I can then modify as a whole, like rotating it. For example, Vamtimbo's mocaps can be added into a subscene and the subscene can then be rotated on its axis. The problem with doing this is that the main animation has to copied to the subscene animation, which then breaks functionality with the audio sync plugin since it only looks at the main animation currently.

Back
Top Bottom