SlapStuff Audio Pack

Other SlapStuff Audio Pack

Hi Toumei! Thank you for making this beautiful plugin! Do you need more audio for your pack? I have fairly decent skin slap sounds, which you might find useful :D Just tell me and I send them to you

Hi Toumei! Thank you for making this beautiful plugin! Do you need more audio for your pack? I have fairly decent skin slap sounds, which you might find useful :D Just tell me and I send them to you

Thank you for this wonderful proposal. I love your sharing attitude! However, the plugin itself actually does not require the audio to come from this particular package. It was just my effort to make it as plug&play as possible so that people have something to start with. But of course more variety is always better :D. So if it is in your interest I would indeed consider adding your content. Alternatively you could just make an hub hosted var as well (if you haven't already) and I'd mention it in the description of the Plugin so that people know where to get more ressources.

There are just two things to keep in mind for a good user experience:
  1. the audio clips should be cut so that the slap starts pretty much immediately without delay
  2. the volume of audio clips that belong to the same category (those that would likely be used together) should be more or less equalized

No worries both requirements are already met :) I also made ogg files to get rid of 0.05 sec delay at the beginning. Here they are if you want to check them out <https://mega.nz/folder/FN0XBKCR#blFgHGxFApu2r6qdC5wx-Q> If you like them, you can consider adding them to your audio pack ;D Would be super cool if it grows with time!
Got it! Certainly a nice variation to what I have. Thanks again for that. I think I'd up the volume a bit after all, if you don't mind. I always find the maximum volume for the audio sources in VaM quite limited.

The current directory structure in the var looks like this:
Custom\Sounds\ToumeiHitsuji\SlapStuffAudioPack\<category>s\<category><some_number>.wav

So for consistency reasons, I'd suggest to put in your "Buttslap Files" as:
Custom\Sounds\TGC\SlapStuffAudioPack\ButtSlaps\ButtSlap<some_number>.ogg

I would then update just the audio package first. The plugin will still reference the first version as it's dependency (the presets currently always reference a fixed version - not sure, yet, if I find an easy way around it). I'll update the references in the Plugin later, when I have updates for the code anyway. But this will probably take some time. I'll also include 1-2 Presets similar to mine that will simply use your files instead.

Uhhh. I've just realized that the dependency to fixed var packages with audio files could cause a problem if people unknowingly prep package with "latest" references. I better get an update out sooner than later... damn this self made stress o_O

You can do with the audio files whatever you like :) I don't expect anything at all. You don't even need to make folder with my name. Use them as you see fit :) So no rush and no stress! I just wanted to contribute a bit, cause buttslaps are important :D

You can do with the audio files whatever you like :) I don't expect anything at all. You don't even need to make folder with my name. Use them as you see fit :) So no rush and no stress! I just wanted to contribute a bit, cause buttslaps are important :D
I ended up not changing them after all (apart from renaming files). I tried to play with the volume a bit, but some of the files lost their quality quite drastically when resaving...

I think for upcoming presets with your files I'll just set the "(End) Velocity" threshold a bit smaller or something like that. Then they reach the maximum volume sooner and should also play louder.

Back
Top Bottom