• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Skin texture / seams problem - SOLVED, use FemaleCustom under "SkinSelect"

void

Reactions
So now I go for some Skin texturing. I use a slightly morphed original G2 DAZ->VAM import, took the original G2 skins and transfered them to VAM Atom. And there are seams, seams, seams. So I checked the DAZ skins with SeamGuides by SnowSultan and they match perfectly the Seams template. But alas... the SeamGuides are also off like in the attached pic below.

I checked it with the standard Atom in the VAM template, same bad result. While the torso seems to be alright, however, it's just the face and the limbs which produce seams. When I load only he manipulated torso onto the Atom they match.

catpiss.png

Why on earth does she look like Frankenstein's bride?

Another question would be how to create seamless textures not as simple as a cube's skin where you simple mirror the seams. Currently I use the original skin and photoshop the other skin ontop with alphaing out the seam areas. But how to do a lets say tatoo across her back right across the seam?

Ah, damnit. You must not chose Olympia or simliar, but switch to Female Custom skin. Don't know whym but that's the solution.

Perhaps this post is useful for another noob like me.
CatnissScar(e)free.png

Last edited:
In Daz, you can check what UV map the original model is using. In Vam, you have to use that same UV map to use the original texture files.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom