• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

SecretRoom

Assets SecretRoom 6 (free)

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
MacGruber submitted a new resource:

SecretRoom 3 - Playroom construction kit and demo scenes

SecretRoom is not just one environment, its an AssetBundle containing a kit of matching parts you can use to build your own custom playroom room. A couple of scripts help with keeping everything aligned nicely. Here is a video showcasing what can be customized.

New in Version 3
  • New set of heavy metal handcuffs and anklecuffs with baked ambient occlusion. Of course these come with the matching hex/allen key...

Read more about this resource...

Can't seem to get any of the assets in this scene to load. I get the actors, and some of the toys. But the room itself will not load. Keep getting not valid, or does not exist messages. I've double checked that I have the files installed. It looks like it is directing to a wrong folder maybe?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-06-12 020046.png
    Annotation 2020-06-12 020046.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 0
Can't seem to get any of the assets in this scene to load. I get the actors, and some of the toys. But the room itself will not load. Keep getting not valid, or does not exist messages. I've double checked that I have the files installed. It looks like it is directing to a wrong folder maybe?
Sounds like to tried to extract the VAR file to your Custom folder. Do not extract VAR files, just put them in your AddonPackages folder and open the scene from there. The other possiblity is that you only got the MacGruber.SecretRoomDemo.3.var, but you also need the MacGruber.SecretRoom.3.var which contains the actual assets. You will also need MacGruber.Essentials.2, MacGruber.Life.6 and NoStage3.Hair_Shoulder_Wavy.1 to run the demo scene. If you build your own room, you don't need the dependencies, that's why its split in two VAR files.

with clothe is that girl have. the boddy thing
Assuming that's a question whether the bodysuit is included: SecretRoom.4 is referencing Bodysuit_A by VL_13. You can either download it for free here or have VaM automatically download it for you when using the "Scan Hub For Missing Packages" button inside the "Package Manager" window within VaM.

MacGruber updated SecretRoom with a new update entry:

Version 5

Just some minor improvements and fixes for the demo scenes:
  • Fixed mouth opening weirdly when breathing for one of the characters. This was caused by "Drive Jaw Angle From Head Audio" somehow being enabled in the appearance preset I used.
  • Improved struggle animation in Room4Demo.
  • Properly parenting a number of atoms to others, so you can actually move things around like in the video.
  • (MacGruber.SecretRoom.4.var...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work, thanks!

Just a quick newbie question: What are those ankle and wrist bracelets? They disappear if I remove person but if I swap a new person in with looks preset, they stay (but usually get misaligned). They are not clothing either and I cannot find them with select menu to adjust their position or size.

They don't seem to collide either with the chair.

@subs4
You are the second person to ask this, these are just hidden CustomUnityAsset atoms. My scenes often have hidden atoms like that, hiding them prevents accidental selection when trying to select the close by hand/foot nodes for animating. You can show hidden atoms simply by ticking the "Show Hidden" checkbox in the Select menu (or just pressing H on your keyboard to toggle that checkbox).
1610730476166.png

You can hide any atom using the "Hidden" checkbox in the Control tab. Note the cuffs also might have Grab disabled to avoid accidental movement while they are parented to the ForeArm/Shin nodes. Just reenable as needed.
1610730590976.png

Regarding collision: Not having collision for the cuffs or the chair is intentional. In my opinion you achieve visually better results with just proper placement/animation, not by actually simulating. Because its a game that has to run in realtime, VaM approximates characters with lots of capsule shapes, which just doesn't work in my opinion. Even with using Acid's brilliant ColliderEditor plugin you can't make a character that does not have mysterious holes or edges collision-wise. It just eats a shitload of performance, you can spend on other things.

When I try to change color of wall and floor, it do change the color, but when I save and load the scene, it gets back to original color.

[Before save scene]
secretroom1.png

secretroom2.png

[After load scene]
secretroom3.png

secretroom4.png

Notice after load the scene, the color slider is shifted to strange position (4th screenshot).
Is it just my environment issue?

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.
No....apparently that is indeed broken and nobody noticed. That particular plugin hasn't changed since 2019.
I would assume it broke with one of the VaM versions that came out since then, but this must have been broken for 1.5 years at least :ROFLMAO:

I will have a look what's going on and if there is a quick fix.

MacGruber updated SecretRoom with a new update entry:

Version 6 (free)

Just some minor fixes, thx @yueliang for reporting the color issue:
  • Room script: Fixed color not applied on load. Also fixed not all types of VaM loading being detected and a minor improvement for loading performance.
  • Spotlight script: Potential fix of using the correct reParentObject, which may fix issues with SubScenes.
  • Demo scenes updated to current plugin versions (Life, LogicBricks, IdlePoser, Essentials), no actual changes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No....apparently that is indeed broken and nobody noticed. That particular plugin hasn't changed since 2019.
I would assume it broke with one of the VaM versions that came out since then, but this must have been broken for 1.5 years at least :ROFLMAO:

I will have a look what's going on and if there is a quick fix.
Wow. I didn't expected you fix this quickly!

Great thanks!

Would you be able to add the chair with collisions enabled? Some of my scenes (would) take use of those collisions.

Would you be able to add the chair with collisions enabled? Some of my scenes (would) take use of those collisions.
I found collisions in VaM to not be particular helpful. Characters are approximated with capsules, even with Collider editor plugin its nearly impossible to prevent hovering bodies as well as geometry intersections. You get way better results with precise animation, e.g. via IdlePoser. Collisions just get in the way of good animation.

Also, in case you are unaware, I stopped any major VaM work half a year back, see here.

Back
Top Bottom