• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Scaling the player, bypassing parameter limits, and community open source contributions...

AlienPolygon

Reactions
Hello!
I've tried VaM off and on the past few years, but really want to make it a better experience now, as it is the best erotic VR software to exist, probably for a long time and even then when the industry picks up.

I have found it difficult to make scenes where the size of the characters are vastly different. The only way I've found to reliably make this happen is to scale individual models and props. It would be much simpler to have a player scale, in addition to the player height adjustment.

I would like the ability to scale the player's size directly, so that the VR hands, camera, movement, and other player interactors scale appropriately with this new scale.
(Obviously I've not been able to look at the code/project files myself, but I'm assuming this can be quite easily done by adding a UI slider next to the height slider that simply multiplies the player object's scale by the slider value)

I would also like an option to break the limits on parameters, much like you can do in DaZ, perhaps an option that adds a increase max range to all fields?
(This could be a bit more complicated, considering some values may not be able to increase the max range, but we have warnings for plugins, web access, and hubs, so I'd think adding a warning for breaking the game session is OK too)

Can I contribute these changes myself, is the source code available anywhere? I'd be happy to help with bugs now and again, and add some small QoL features, at least like the player scale.

Please please please let me know, I really want this feature implemented and would again happily make the changes myself locally to be approved and merged at a later update.

You can already scale the world (everything except the VR camea) and individual objects, what do you mean by "appropriately"? As for the range, indeed a few things cannot be scaled indefinitely, but using both the world scale and the atom scale, you can get pretty gigantic (mountain-sized) proportions.

I see now, it didn't behave as I expected (scaling the world up scales the PLAYER up, not the world...)
However, I would still prefer to have the scale be equal on both ends of the spectrum. While currently you can scale the world up tremendously, you cannot scale it down beyond 0.1, which is my goal.

When I meant scaling everything appropriately, it scales the VR Hands, Collisions, and Camera together, so that the scale for all player objects increases/decreases. I don't know if it was VAM or another VR application, but their method was just to move the camera up and down, which breaks the illusion, since the hands and interactions are still the default size.

I will also give the double scale a shot, since I didn't think the world scale worked originally.

Still I think having the world scale have a range of -100 to 100 or something equal like that would be sufficient. I'd love to make the change myself if possible.

I see now, it didn't behave as I expected (scaling the world up scales the PLAYER up, not the world...)
However, I would still prefer to have the scale be equal on both ends of the spectrum. While currently you can scale the world up tremendously, you cannot scale it down beyond 0.1, which is my goal.

When I meant scaling everything appropriately, it scales the VR Hands, Collisions, and Camera together, so that the scale for all player objects increases/decreases. I don't know if it was VAM or another VR application, but their method was just to move the camera up and down, which breaks the illusion, since the hands and interactions are still the default size.

I will also give the double scale a shot, since I didn't think the world scale worked originally.

Still I think having the world scale have a range of -100 to 100 or something equal like that would be sufficient. I'd love to make the change myself if possible.
Did you ever figure it out? I’m interested in making giantess content as well.

Did you ever figure it out? I’m interested in making giantess content as well.

It seems there is nothing else available besides using worldscale, and manually scaling objects/characters, though that breaks a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom