Question RT Lipsync and Timeline

Koryu

Reactions
Hey folks... I've got an interesting problem I'm trying to work out:

I've been working on a scene between two characters and have set up the audio so that there are two 5 minute and 30 second wavs of their dialogue, timed so they "talk" to each other.

So I'm trying to build the animation to go with this scene in Timeline, but I can't seem to get RT Lipsync to fire off...

I've added a trigger track at 0 seconds,
I click "edit Triggers" and click "Add Discrete Action" on the "Start Actions" tab.
I name the action "Character 1 audio"
Clicking on "Settings", I set the Receiver Atom to character 1,
The Receiver to "Plugin #0_RT_Lipsync_Player.RT_Lipsync_Player
And the Receiver target to "\Character 1.wav"

If I click "Test" here, nothing happens. No audio plays.

If I click "done" and go back to the Animation tab (Which I have set the animation to 330 seconds, it's long enough that it's not repeating), nothing plays.

What am I doing wrong here? Can anyone help out?

Thanks! -K

Alrighty... after pretty much employing the "clicking every button until it works" method, I have solved my own problem! :D So I will post it here so the next person doesn't have to "Click every button" :D
TimelineAndRTLipsync.jpg

TimelineAndRTLipsync.jpg

Upvote 0
Great screenshot guide! I came here to give my best effort at a text version of this, since I just went through it in a scene I built. Not conversation, really, but triggering audio files out of timeline.

Upvote 0
Dude, you don't know how much you helped me with that. Thank you! :D
Works like a charm. VaM is a software-beast. It feels like everything is possible if you know how to do it, amazing.

Does anyone have an advice for a good software creating text to speech?

I found this which is okay for free, but it's not the holy grail: https://voicemaker.in/
Does the job ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom