Question Risk of us Web Browser

capta134

Reactions
In Security Tab you get a big warning about Risk of us Web Browser.

What this mean? can a hacker get access to people computer through this? I know a normal web browser can
be protected and a virus add-in.

Anyway to secure VAM to a reasonable degree?

Anyway to secure VAM to a reasonable degree?
ah sh*t, here we go again...

There is risk of just using the internet...in general...but okay, here are few easy steps (please pay attention),
after that you gonna be 200% secured (no cap), forget about VPNs and Anti-virus(virus) softwares:

1) start VaM (but not as admin)
2) open User Preferences and goto Security tab
3) disable/uncheck all options (that means: no client hub, no web browsers, no url images/audio files, no plugins)
4) don't close VaM, instead terminate VaM.exe process (just to be 200% sure)
5) disconnect your home network from the internet
6) shutdown PC
7) disconnect PC from router (only if you are using wired connection, if wireless ignore this step)
8) put your PC in a freezer, to achieve optimal degree of "security"
9) wait for it... wait for it... to be nice & c..ured
0) go watch tv, take a walk, do some activities or something...(congrats: you are now 200% secured)

bonus: if you already have a virus, here is how to remove it:

now forget everything you just read,
...your best security ...is your own common sense. ;)

Upvote 0
To be honest: I asked myself the same question and I'm pretty confident using the internet.
And to be fair: I think there was a case not long ago were someone was trying to hack people with VaM and the software got a security update if I remember correctly.

But I don't get point 8: you mean it's too cold for a virus? :D

@capta134
As long as you just download *.var files you shouldn't be worried as they are no executable files and, from what I know, can not harm your computer.
When it comes to *.zip and especially *.exe files you should be very careful, *.exe is a no-go for me. *.zip files are suspicious in the first place.
Windows 10 defender is a good tool and is probably active anyway, so no big worries.

Wild west like 15-20 years ago is over. Windows will safe your ass probably even before you can do dumb shit.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom