Recording from plugin input to scene animation

colossaltwenty

Reactions
Does anyone know if it's possible to let a plugin control the hips of a model and record that into the scene animation? Busdriver can playback funscripts and uses the physicslink to control the model. It seems from playing around that you have to grab the control yourself for it to record anything.

What I want to do is record this into the scene animation so I can export it as a VR180 video (using Eosin VR Render) and not have to deal with the frame drops/erratic behaviour.

Any ideas appreciated!

Vam's built-in animation recorder can record nodes movement, not matter what is causing that movement. Freeze motion, mark all the nodes you want to record for animation (from that nodes "animation" tab), then unfreeze and begin recording. Let it run as long as you want, then stop recording.

I would imagine you could do the same thing with timneline, but you'd have to ask someone else about how.

Thanks, I managed to get it to playback the recorded motion (it didn't always show any traced movement in red as with other nodes). Disabling busdriver after recording and playing back does move the hip, for example. It is only about 1/3rd of the motion range that the busdriver plugin produces, though.

I believe this is due to the 'slew' or physical weight emulation of moving the nodes. If I can figure out how to disable that then I'll have a pretty reliable method down...

Vam's built-in animation recorder can record nodes movement, not matter what is causing that movement. Freeze motion, mark all the nodes you want to record for animation (from that nodes "animation" tab), then unfreeze and begin recording. Let it run as long as you want, then stop recording.

I would imagine you could do the same thing with timneline, but you'd have to ask someone else about how.
Where is the animation recorder located ?

Main UI (top right toolbar button) > animation.

Each node you plan to record needs to be "armed for record" from the nodes "animation" tab.

Back
Top Bottom