• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Preset Definitions

Guides Preset Definitions

Awesome!
For Skin Preset it's more precisely the settings from those tabs:
  • Skin Select, Skin Materials 1&2, Skin Textures (Decals and custom Textures)
  • Tongue Materials & Teeth Materials & Mouth Materials + their custom textures
  • It also saves some values that are not accessible in the Skin UI like: Render queue, Offset & Scale for custom textures. But idk if they actually work
So, to note: Skin Preset does NOT save any eye setting and eyelashes. You have to use appearance presets for this.

Last edited:
Awesome!
For Skin Preset it's more precisely the settings from those tabs:
  • Skin Select, Skin Materials 1&2, Skin Textures (Decals and custom Textures)
  • Tongue Materials & Teeth Materials & Mouth Materials + their custom textures
  • It also saves some values that are not accessible in the Skin UI like: Render queue, Offset & Scale for custom textures. But idk if they actually work
So, to note: Skin Preset does NOT save any eye setting and eyelashes. You have to use appearance presets for this.
Interesting - thanks. I'll look to incorporate this.

Nice guide!

There is one bit missing, Preset (Legacy) will also save Scene Animation for that atom.

really helpful! Saves a lot of time. I remember an example that i was so confused one time that my handposes wern't saving in my pose presets while in the (old) version; save pose (legacy) they were. I thought it was a bug or something.
Now I can just look it up, if it supposed to work or not. Thanks!

Just a quick fyi: Since VaM 1.20.1.5 Pose Morphs can be stored in a Pose Preset.

Hello, I would like to ask some questions.The preset poses cannot save finger poses without morphs.I used the leap motion and the json parameters of the timeline.However, saving the preset poses for the fingers is ineffective.Will the preset poses support saving finger deformations with remote control and json parameters in the future?If possible, it would be much easier to achieve finger deformations within the poses.The general preset can save the json parameters of the fingers, but it also saves unnecessary things such as appearance, clothing,hair, etc. The result is not very satisfactory.

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to ask some questions.The preset poses cannot save finger poses without morphs.I used the leap motion and the json parameters of the timeline.However, saving the preset poses for the fingers is ineffective.Will the preset poses support saving finger deformations with remote control and json parameters in the future?If possible, it would be much easier to achieve finger deformations within the poses.The general preset can save the json parameters of the fingers, but it also saves unnecessary things such as appearance, clothing,hair, etc. The result is not very satisfactory.
This page just documents how it currently works. My understanding is there will be no further releases of VAM 1.x before VAM2 - so what you suggest will never be implemented in VAM1. I’d suggest waiting to see how VAM 2 evolves.

This page just documents how it currently works. My understanding is there will be no further releases of VAM 1.x before VAM2 - so what you suggest will never be implemented in VAM1. I’d suggest waiting to see how VAM 2 evolves.
Thank you very much for your patient response. Your plugins is very useful and I have been using them all the time.

The collision triggers in the Jaw Physics & Triggers tab save with the General Preset's Pose checkbox. This would be good to mention in the guide, currently "Collision Triggers" is blank in the General Preset column.

The collision triggers in the Jaw Physics & Triggers tab save with the General Preset's Pose checkbox. This would be good to mention in the guide, currently "Collision Triggers" is blank in the General Preset column.
Updated accordingly. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom