• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

PluginAssist(Free)

Plugins PluginAssist(Free) 2.3

JayJayWon

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
JayJayWon
JayJayWon submitted a new resource:

PluginAssist(Free) - Facilitates rapid filterable plugin searching and loading.

PluginAssist provides an alternative to the standard VAM File Browser for finding and loading plugins. The standard VAM file browser provides very limited scope for organising plugins and with the large array of plugins available it can be hard to locate a specific plugin.

PluginAssist allows the user to search for plugins using a range of optional filters:
  • Creator - based on the VAR that the plugins is packaged in.
  • Type of atom the plugin can be loaded onto. This is user...

Read more about this resource...

Loaded as session plugin but when open it, there is nothing there. Get error message when load as follows-"PluginAssist Init: System. NullReference Exception: Object reference not set ot an instance of an object.............etc

Loaded as session plugin but when open it, there is nothing there. Get error message when load as follows-"PluginAssist Init: System. NullReference Exception: Object reference not set ot an instance of an object.............etc
Can you tell me what version of VAM you are using? Also perhaps you can send me some screenshots of the Session Plugins page and also of the error message. If you are on Discord then it might be easier to sent them to me in direct message.

Same here. No worky.

If anyone else is getting problems similar to the above, then check if you have the following VAR file: `fubarLife123.The_Cat.1.var`
Its a malformed VAR which is causing problems. If you remove it, then PluginAssist should work fine. I will also work on releasing a more robust version of PluginAssist that will not fall over under these conditions.

JayJayWon updated PluginAssist(Free) with a new update entry:

PluginAssist v2.1 Update

Defect fix release:
  • A number of users were reporting problems when PluginAssist started. This was being caused by a malformed VAR file (fubarLife123.The_Cat.1.var). v2.1 contains a fix which means that PluginAssist will load successfully. VAM will still generate an error message which can only be stopped by removing the fubarLife123.The_Cat.1.var file.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello
I'm getting this error :
!> PluginAssist.Init: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.IsPathRooted (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Path.InsecureGetFullPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.GetFullPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.NormalizePath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagementSecure.FileManagerSecure.NormalizePath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest.ProcessNewVARFile (System.String varFilePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest.Initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest..ctor (JayJayWon.TagsManifest _tagsManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginAssist.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

without anymore info :'(

Must be a file for sure, my path to the game doesn't contain anything special, but I can't eyeball wich one (too many of them)

PS: I already kill the cat :p
PS2: same problem with latest version

Ok ....
Found it ... or "them" should I say

Your plugin doesn't like var filenames containing & character.

Maybe other's too: I remove a bunch of files before managing to make it start. Those might trigger the prblem too.
I remove files containing :
- spaces
- ! char
- ' char

Ok ....
Found it ... or "them" should I say

Your plugin doesn't like var filenames containing & character.

Maybe other's too: I remove a bunch of files before managing to make it start. Those might trigger the prblem too.
I remove files containing :
- spaces
- ! char
- ' char
@neskweek Can you please provide me with some example VAR files? Either send me links to hub resources or DM me.

Last edited:
@neskweek so I have plenty of VARs with & symbols in their names (including that Steam Room one) and have no problems at all. Is there any other clues? What OS and filesystem are you using?

I presume this is a session plugin? Get failure when I try and load it.

!> PluginAssist.Init: System.Exception: Attempted to get files at non-existent path AddonPackages/Yoooi.ToySerialController.11.var:\Custom/Scripts/Yoooi/ToySerialController/\lib
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.GetFiles (System.String dir, System.String pattern, Boolean restrictPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagementSecure.FileManagerSecure.GetFiles (System.String dir, System.String pattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.Utils.GetFilesAtPathRecursive (System.String path, System.String pattern, Boolean suppressVAR) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.Utils+<GetFilesAtPathRecursive>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 (System.String directory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.Utils.GetFilesAtPathRecursive (System.String path, System.String pattern, Boolean suppressVAR) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest.ProcessNewVARFile (System.String varFilePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest..ctor (JayJayWon.TagsManifest _tagsManifest, JayJayWon.Settings _settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I presume this is a session plugin? Get failure when I try and load it.

!> PluginAssist.Init: System.Exception: Attempted to get files at non-existent path AddonPackages/Yoooi.ToySerialController.11.var:\Custom/Scripts/Yoooi/ToySerialController/\lib
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.GetFiles (System.String dir, System.String pattern, Boolean restrictPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagementSecure.FileManagerSecure.GetFiles (System.String dir, System.String pattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.Utils+<GetFilesAtPathRecursive>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 (System.String directory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at JayJayWon.PluginManifest..ctor (JayJayWon.TagsManifest _tagsManifest, JayJayWon.Settings _settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I'll reach out to you on Discord to try and diagnose the problem a bit more

New to this plugin - looks exactly what I'm after but having one small issue - @4K res (3840x2160) the UI in desktop mode is positioned with the right edge just
off screen (as below) there doesn;t appear to be an option top re-position in the Custom UI options - am I missing something or is there somewhere else I can manually move it slightly to the left?

1637077726515.png

New to this plugin - looks exactly what I'm after but having one small issue - @4K res (3840x2160) the UI in desktop mode is positioned with the right edge just
off screen (as below) there doesn;t appear to be an option top re-position in the Custom UI options - am I missing something or is there somewhere else I can manually move it slightly to the left?

View attachment 76247
I'm guessing you are talking about UIAssist (you've put this message in the a thread about PluginAssist)
That doesnt look right. Unfortunately I dont have a 4K display and it works fine on my 1080p so its hard for me to debug.
Also, I'm in the process of re-writing the plugin from scratch for UIAssist v2.0. I'll try and look at this as part of that long process - but remind me if I dont fix it.

This is amazing! Is there a way to make a button open the Custom UI of a specific plugin? Like say CUAManager? I have the patreon version

This is amazing! Is there a way to make a button open the Custom UI of a specific plugin? Like say CUAManager? I have the patreon version
Maybe I'm not understanding the question entirely, but I think what you are asking is what the Find Plugins tab does:
1639906589698.png

I think @whynotboth wants to know is there a way to call PluginAssist UI with some Hotkey. So as not to dig into menu-session plugins every time you want to use it.
Actually that's exactly why I came here now. To ask this very question.

I think @whynotboth wants to know is there a way to call PluginAssist UI with some Hotkey. So as not to dig into menu-session plugins every time you want to use it.
Actually that's exactly why I came here now. To ask this very question.
That already exists, but you need to use @Acid Bubbles KeyBindings plugin to set up the hot keys.

Back
Top Bottom