• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Passenger

Plugins Passenger v1.5.3

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Passenger - Don't possess, be possessed!

Instead of possessing a model that follows your movement, YOU will be following the model's movements.

Note that for some people, it may induce terrible nausea... or extreme arousal.

Read more about this resource...

Hello Acidbubbles, Is there a tutorial, info, or a "how to" located somewhere for how to use this plugin? I have seen it used in other scenes, and I can see its a plugin added to the model you want to possess, but I don't understand how it is triggered. All the scenes I have seen that use passenger plugin seem to have a UI button floating in the scene with a "passenger" check mark that when you click the trigger you possess the person and are then the passenger. I am just trying to understand how I would use it in my own scenes, and what is required. Do I simply add it as a plugin for example to a male that I want to possess, then use the possess feature built into the default UI? Or does it have to be triggered with a UI panel (the check box thing I had seen in other peoples scenes)? I found your github resource site but didn't see a tutorial or how to there. Thanks.

@DasBoot Hello! You can add Passenger to a Person atom (make sure to also add ImprovedPoV otherwise you'll see some floating eyeballs), and you can then activate "Active" in Passenger's custom UI to enable it. You can also enable the control rotation checkbox if you also want the camera to follow the rotation. You can enable it using a UI button too (what people usually do) by triggering the Passenger's "Active" param. If any of what I just said didn't make sense, please let me know!

Thanks Acid Bubbles. I got it working now. I didn't notice the "Active" button at first. Much appreciated and thanks again for all the excellent content you have contributed.

Sorry I didn't see your post about feedback until now. If you are still working on the passenger successor, here's some feedback. For me the Rotation X,Y,Z don't do anything, but I may not be using it correctly. The Position X,Y,Z do work fine. I use improved POV in conjuction with passenger, so if you can somehow combine or add to passenger what improved pov does so you dont need both plugins? When using passenger with improved pov I do still sometimes see the eyes, hair, mouth, etc of the possessed model, i usually fix this with offset, but this is of course and area of improvement. Lastly, when you put out Passenger 2 I would like to see a good "How to" guide for using it properly, along with setting triggers. All in all it's still a great plugin to get a nice POV view without having to tilt your head way down to see the action. Thanks!

@DasBoot Hi! The rotation sliders don't do anything because you probably have the "control rotation" toggle unchecked (default). Embody will indeed combine Improved PoV, Passenger and Snug along with quite a few additional features. With Improved PoV you shouldn't see mouth and hair, but since Embody combines them it'll handle a few more cases (right now you might have an error or something).

Since the new plugin has much more features, I'll definitely work on some documentation :)

@DasBoot Hi! The rotation sliders don't do anything because you probably have the "control rotation" toggle unchecked (default). Embody will indeed combine Improved PoV, Passenger and Snug along with quite a few additional features. With Improved PoV you shouldn't see mouth and hair, but since Embody combines them it'll handle a few more cases (right now you might have an error or something).

Since the new plugin has much more features, I'll definitely work on some documentation :)
Thanks Acid, I realized after making the post that there was the control rotation toggle, my bad for overlooking it. Much better now that I can modify that. Looking forward to the next version.

Hi @Acid Bubbles, I was using Passenger recently so that I could move the male character around without having to repossess every time, but I felt like my view was at the mercy of forces from other parts of the body. For example, when I "possess" a character, and let's say I take off my headset, the character's body will distort in strange ways to make sure that "the camera" is always 1:1 with my headset. However, when using Passenger, it seemed like if I leaned one way or another a bit too far, it felt like I was fighting the "camera" and the world would move independent of my head. Like the character's body didn't want me to move my head a certain way or something. Hopefully that makes sense. I don't know if there's something I can do to stop that or not, but maybe at least this is feedback for its successor.

@Reanimator yeah this is what Passenger is for. It locks you into the model's position. You can free your VR head by un checking the control position toggle in Passenger settings though. In this mode, it will move and rotate your head and then release it in place.

Hey Acidbubbles, thanks for all your great contributions to the community.

I'm curious if you're aware of an issue between dragging the world and this plugin. When I activate the plugin, I generally have to correct my camera rotation to align with the person atom. I have the valve index controllers, and I will use the touch sliders to drag the world and align the camera properly. If I do this while passenger is activated, my headset view starts spinning out of control and it looks as if the world has collapsed on itself. All I can see from this point on are jumbled artifacts of the scene.

I have not found a way to revert back to a normal state once this has happened and am forced to restart vam. Even the UI elements are completely missing, or jumbled in with the rest of the artifacts being rendered.

Rotating my view appears to work normally if I instead use the joystick controls to rotate my camera instead of using the drag feature.

I'm not sure if this is known, and I simply should not be using the drag feature with this type of plugin, but it does essentially softlock vam so I figured it might be useful to report this in any case.

Well sorry to waste your time, but I just reproduced this in a scene without passenger. I'm going to create a thread in bug reports, but essentially this is triggered when grab world is activated on both controllers simultaneously. With passenger activated, any usage of grab world on a single controller left the game in a bugged state.

@zephyrStep in Embody (the next generation of Passenger) I use a different alignement method so you should get the right direction right away. However the behavior you're talking about is not cool... I don't know if I can detect and/or come back from this. Hopefully if it just sends you to "infinite" I could probably reset your position, I'll try at least.

Sorry, noob here. When I activate passenger it says that Passenger and Possession don’t work together. Use passenger tick box. I’m not sure what it wants me to do. I’ve tried the tick box in the custom UI and it shows the same error.

Last edited:
Hi @Jelly198 ! Passenger will move you into a character's head, while possession will move the head to your VR headset. In other words, having both wouldn't make any sense :) So you cannot use Passenger while possessing a character. If this wasn't helpful, I'll probably need a little bit more info to understand what's happening here.

Hi @Jelly198 ! Passenger will move you into a character's head, while possession will move the head to your VR headset. In other words, having both wouldn't make any sense :) So you cannot use Passenger while possessing a character. If this wasn't helpful, I'll probably need a little bit more info to understand what's happening here.

Hey, thanks for getting back. I'm not sure on how to use Passenger without Possession. Do I have to disable possession? How do I do that? Trying to use Passenger just gives an error. Sorry about the questions I'm new to all this. I can add the Passenger plugin to a model and open the UI but pressing activate just shows the error. Not sure how to get around this.

Last edited:
@Jelly198 well, what are you trying to do? Here's the use case for Passenger: you made an animation and you want to sit down, and watch from the character's point of view. This replaces possession. So if you want to do that, you add Passenger to a person atom, go in the custom UI, and select "Active". No need for anything else. Note that if you don't also add Improved PoV on the person atom, you'll probably see floating eyeballs in your face :)

I hope this made sense!

@Jelly198 well, what are you trying to do? Here's the use case for Passenger: you made an animation and you want to sit down, and watch from the character's point of view. This replaces possession. So if you want to do that, you add Passenger to a person atom, go in the custom UI, and select "Active". No need for anything else. Note that if you don't also add Improved PoV on the person atom, you'll probably see floating eyeballs in your face :)

I hope this made sense!
Something must be going wrong it. I'll take a look at it and make sure it's all installed correctly.
Thank you.

Hej

How to even add / use this?

Actually i dot undestand how to even load this Plugin in a animate Scene.
It sems to be all clear to experienced VAM Users but for new Users this is entire unclear.

I open a Scene and then, what exactly do i have to do?

I open the ATOM Menue and Scene Plugins and Passenger is not there although it copied into Addon Packages.

So there i am.

2nd Question:
Do i stil needed to edit the JSON File ? Because if then Your FIX Guide for Step 2 is incomplete on the Main Overview
you write

Option 2: Fix the scene JSON file:

1. Open your scene using a text editor (e.g. notepad, vscode)
2. Find the following block:

and then nothing follows ;D

3rd Question i have:
What example / DEMO scene is that you are using?

I just would like to simple use Passenger and there is so huge Power in that that i hope it can be integrated "easy" also for new VAM Users.

4th Question
I also wonder can one join a male or female character here in scenes like
Pure Seduction https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/pure-seduction-1-1.7870/
or ? Or POV stable in Scenes like https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/km213-fucking-on-the-mattress.6733/

I mean being locked with the Body and not move out the Body again with a Controller movement.

5th Question
I also own Embody is that replacing this Plugin entire so i can concentrate on Enbody ?

Last edited:
Hey man.. do you know how to lock the rotation followed by the Parent Bone ??
I have looking all over the place, but all I know is using Camera to lock with Bone to follow the motion of the Parent bone... (and as you know Camera is eating Performance) so I want to use Edit Camera Mode...
And this plugin have that feature that lock/parenting the specific bone, unfortunately, it's not follow the rotation of the Bone...
Is there's something I missed, or the feature is not available yet ??
Like I have used the Plugin and using Animation to Rotate the model 360, but this plugin not rotate my camera when I enable it... it's just follow the Position, not the Angle rotation...

Last edited:
I'm not sure I 100% follow (for example, I'm not sure what you mean by camera is eating performance) but I think what you are referring to is the "rotation lock" setting, if you toggle that on, camera will follow.

Found the problem.... Looks like I set my Hotkey wrong...
Now I found it and fixed it...

Last edited:
May I ask where to get the scenes from the previews? I'm having a hard time finding female POV scenes lol

Back
Top Bottom