ParentHoldLink for CustomUnityAssets

Plugins ParentHoldLink for CustomUnityAssets

Blazedust

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Blazedust submitted a new resource:

ParentHoldLink for CustomUnityAssets - Script to make CustomUnityAsset behave like a fixed/solid joint to its linked person

This plugin updates the atom's relative position/rotation to follow the linked atom using the LateUpdate() function when the link type is set to 'Hold'
Intended for CustomUnityAssets with physics turned off and linked to a person, making it look like a fixed/solid joint. Useful for person details in the CustomUnityAsset format such as hair, glasses, piercings and other details.

I made this some time ago to avoid that feeling that CustomUnityAssets feel floaty and not following along its...

Read more about this resource...

Hello Supa, what do you feel you will make first? earings? Bracelets?
I feel like I will aim to chokers and belly piercings. I don't know how you guys could have been living so long without jewelry, lol.
haha, I guess my bar was low, some existed one was not too bad. made some earphone and mics. could see it release soon

Anyone have a fix for the CUA Controller script not saving the CUA bone postions along with controller positions? I'm just learning c# so I can't quite figure out how to work with storables. However, I'm pretty sure that is why they don't want to spawn in the previously saved position on scene reload... Basically, CUAssets need to be saved and reloaded exactly the way builtin VaM assets are.

Question - it looks like turning on collision on the unity asset breaks this plugin. Anyone else notice this? Would be cool if a figure could hold an asset that collides property with another figure.

as soon as my character is not in t position (the back is curved), the hair stack flying around. It's like it they look for my person back+angle and add the lenght from the back to the head to find the position. The asset is fixed to his head and everything is well linked etc. am I the only one with this problem?

P.S
I just find out that the plugin dont stay on the CUE, I'll find a way to auto load it :)

Last edited:
Is it possible to automatically load this plugin on saved assets when using CUA manager plugin?

1. Does this plugin stop working during merge load? I'm guessing it's a VaM thing, not a plugin thing.
2. Does this plugin work with other atom types like buttons? Seems like it does and that's awesome.
1: Never tried. I guess the plugin won't work as expected.
2: It's designed for CustomUnityAssets with physics turned off. Other atom types may work but I haven't tested any.

1. Does this plugin stop working during merge load? I'm guessing it's a VaM thing, not a plugin thing.
2. Does this plugin work with other atom types like buttons? Seems like it does and that's awesome.
I just remember that https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/macgruber-essentials.160/ includes a variant of this plugin that might work using merge load scenes as it stores internal data differently. If you have trouble with this one give that one a try maybe.

How to use this plugin? When I load it and set an asset link type in CUA manager to 'Hold' the hair just freezes. Have I set it up wrong?

How to use this plugin? When I load it and set an asset link type in CUA manager to 'Hold' the hair just freezes. Have I set it up wrong?
The CUA atom must be parented to a person. The parent link type set to HOLD. This plugin attached to the CUA atom.

Back
Top Bottom