Answered Moving Body while possessing head

Gegecucu

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hi everybody,

(Maybe this has been already answered and/or the answer is really easy. If so, I'm sorry!)

I'm wondering if there is any way to do this: while possessing a head's person and moving around, the body of the person could moves as well (ie follow the head). Because by doing so in the 'default configuration', only the head is moving.
This would be essentially when using Desktop mod but I think this could be also useful when using VR headset only.

I thought linking the feet/hip/hands/... with the head through the "parent atom's control" thing would do the trick but by doing so, the body rotates with the head... So, when you look down, you cannot see your body (since it rotates as well).

Setting off all body nodes (except the head) is not very satisfying:
- The body is balancing when you move
- When you look left or right, the body is not rotating (or only if you look full left or full right)

The best way I have found is to play with the spring nodes of the body (all are very stiff except the neck one which is very soft). It nearly does the trick but it is far from perfect: the body is balancing as hell when you move.

Would anybody have a better idea on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Gege

another solution putting all atom "off" except the head.
That would make the body hang over the head , a little bit like a ghost.

Upvote 0
Thanks but there is still the 'balancing' problem and the body is not rotating to left/right when the head does...
Not sure it is possible to solve this.

Upvote 0
Thanks but there is still the 'balancing' problem and the body is not rotating to left/right when the head does...
Not sure it is possible to solve this.
For the turning: You can parent just the rotation of a couple of control nodes like Hip and Chest to the Head. Maybe that works?

Upvote 0
For the turning: You can parent just the rotation of a couple of control nodes like Hip and Chest to the Head. Maybe that works?
Yes it works fine when you look left and right! However, the body is turning also when you look down. So you cannot see your body.

This is a real puzzle right? :)

Upvote 0
You are going to have trouble making this work well without having something like a Vive Tracker on your waist driving the hip. My suggestion would be to turn off all nodes except hip and head (and hands if you plan to possess those with controllers). Then parent Hip to Head using Parent Link for Rotation only. Leave Position to off. You will have a bit of a ghost feel, but it should work ok.

1591646537633.png

Upvote 0
Yes it works fine when you look left and right! However, the body is turning also when you look down. So you cannot see your body.

This is a real puzzle right? :)

You can actually lock single axis in the move tab. I can't check it in VaM right now, but I know that it works for translation, so I guess it should also work to lock a single rotation axis. My guess is: lock X roation on the hip. Or lock both the axis that aren't the "Up" Axis (I forgot the letter, the blue & red)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Vam only requires on controller to work. So you could tuck the other one in your belt and parent link it to your hip.

Upvote 0
OK so I need the OPOSITE for the plugin Embody , I have made it so the legs and hips are disabled with collision plugin and the left hand to control hip/pelvis but , when I look down/left/right the bottom half of the body moves too and I DON'T WANT THAT I want it to only follow the left hand controller that is on my belt !
I have tried disabling head control witch breaks everything as the head is the main controller that keeps the body floating upright.

As a non dev I don't understand what the Damper and spring options do , can some one explain those too xD.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom