Mass Morph Manager

Plugins Mass Morph Manager

nyaacho

Featured Contributor
Reactions
nyaacho submitted a new resource:

Morph Mass Manager - Help managing character morphs

Adopted most of the codes form MorphMerger v1.0.7 (by ProjectCanyon, chokaphi)
This script also inherits MIT license from ProjectCanyon

You can create a custom custom vertex filter with my blender script.
Export G2 character from DAZ Studio in the fbx format and import it into the blender.
Select vertices in the edit mode, and run the script. The indices should appear in the system console...

Read more about this resource...

Nice work. Two requests:
1 - Default selected would be better than Zero selected. In most cases Default = 0, but overall the default body looks better than the zeroed body - better nipples and better navel morph for instance.
2 - Select Breast would be greatly appreciated so you could copypaste breasts from one person to another. It can take a long time to tweak breast morphs until they look right and it's a bit of a hassle to individually click all the morphs you want to export.

Also clicking on the Load Morph from Text produces an error in the log when the text field is empty, it might be better to make the button not clickable if there's no text or just suppress the error.

I tried v2 & v3.
don't know if it's just me that encountered a serious FPS-drop problem using recent v3
Every time I open the UI, it takes quite a long time to load so many morphs at one time. The application almost freezes for more than 2 minutes before it comes back to life. And then FPS drop from 40+ to just 5. Every button I hit could mean the final hit of the application.
So I guess something in the UI is taking too much resourses, which cause the FPS drop.

the previous v2 works perfect, don't know why

I tried v2 & v3.
don't know if it's just me that encountered a serious FPS-drop problem using recent v3
Every time I open the UI, it takes quite a long time to load so many morphs at one time. The application almost freezes for more than 2 minutes before it comes back to life. And then FPS drop from 40+ to just 5. Every button I hit could mean the final hit of the application.
So I guess something in the UI is taking too much resourses, which cause the FPS drop.

the previous v2 works perfect, don't know why

That is due to the morph sliders, it seems those are really resource hungry
I will release a separate version without it :rolleyes:

check the v4 update!
Tried the v4 the body change part. Opening UI much faster now, the selecting part takes about 10+ seconds, which is reasonable right now. Copying & Pasting each takes function almost instantly. No more waiting time.
For the slider issues, I thought of a way to do this alternatively. Instead of moving the sliders in the UI, I can take an photo, then check the greener ones in the morph menu afterwards. For me, it's already quite enough for use now. Thanks again.:)

A little advice:
Maybe decrease the amount of sliders shown at one page could be a solution to the resource-short problem. I know little of the plugin things. It's just a guess ,for the original sliders menu only shows 12 sliders at one page and no resource-short problem were found.

If it's not possible, just ignore it.

FPS-drop also no long exists, forgot to mention it.

Last edited:
Hey, I tried the "Select breasts" option, it selects all kinds of morphs that have nothing to do with breasts (like legs length and so on), not sure what's going on there. Tried both performance and normal version.

nyaacho updated Morph Mass Manager with a new update entry:

v6

Added additional vertex filtering: Provides much better vertex filtering. You can use the legacy version with zero filtering strength
Vertex filtering performance improvement: Changed vertex list to hashset.
Non-performance mode performance improvement: Now only show the sliders of the selected.

It seems the performance mode is no longer a performance mode but a verbose mode :rolleyes:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, I tried the "Select breasts" option, it selects all kinds of morphs that have nothing to do with breasts (like legs length and so on), not sure what's going on there. Tried both performance and normal version.
Tried the v4 the body change part. Opening UI much faster now, the selecting part takes about 10+ seconds, which is reasonable right now. Copying & Pasting each takes function almost instantly. No more waiting time.
For the slider issues, I thought of a way to do this alternatively. Instead of moving the sliders in the UI, I can take an photo, then check the greener ones in the morph menu afterwards. For me, it's already quite enough for use now. Thanks again.:)

A little advice:
Maybe decrease the amount of sliders shown at one page could be a solution to the resource-short problem. I know little of the plugin things. It's just a guess ,for the original sliders menu only shows 12 sliders at one page and no resource-short problem were found.

If it's not possible, just ignore it.

FPS-drop also no long exists, forgot to mention it.
upated!

New Question: If 2x 0.5 Merge Paste equals to 1x N Merge Paste, guess N is 0.75?

New Question: If 2x 0.5 Merge Paste equals to 1x N Merge Paste, guess N is 0.75?

That's right.

By the way, the merging algorithm right now is somehow counter-intuitive.
I think the merging will work weirdly if two characters have a totally different set of morphs.
I am thinking of adding a variety of choices, so please suggest me if you came up with a brilliant idea!

That's right.

By the way, the merging algorithm right now is somehow counter-intuitive.
I think the merging will work weirdly if two characters have a totally different set of morphs.
I am thinking of adding a variety of choices, so please suggest me if you came up with a brilliant idea!
Tried merging at least 130+ different characters today, all contains the same character & a different one(All value of Merge Paste set to 0.3, if the result turned out not obvious enough, I merged once again).

The results varied, some changed sharply, while the other almost remained the same no matter how many times I merged the 2 characters again & again(4 times at most). Another small proportion of results turn into a disaster. So it's truly the case that the plugin could work in a wierd way. For now this plugin's like a black box,it can bring a lot of plesant surprises & many new characters I couldn't have imagined without it, which means it really works for making new characters & improving old ones. Maybe this bizarre way of creating something new is interesting enough to try even though you don't know why it works that way. Hope this kind of not-so-clear button remains in the future as long as the outcome is pleasant, not horrible ones.

In my 130+ experiments today, the outcome is almost 50% good. Not every new character just look more like the Character A or B, but often a Character C is created during the merging process, as long as the 2 different characters are different enough(in set of morphs involved). Very Impressive!

For the variety of choices you mentioned, I currently have no wishes more than merging head & body really separately which is also everybody's wish, I can tell. In other words, how to identify the most influencing morphs for specific part of the body shape is the most tricky part. I'll try if I come up with something in the many more experiments I'm about to make. Glad to help.

Just come up with one when I write to this: a button to create random shape of a specific part or the whole person, like character building part before rpg games starts, a button that can randomly create characters or specific parts of the character could be really intriging. And another button to regulate the process to prevent it from going too far to make monsterous look. Maybe it can be used to making sisters & brothers for a specific character.

Gave this a try, as I normally was using the genious plugins from MorphDelux (MorphMixer and BodySwap from 2018). Your plugin has a lot more options which is great, but also a bit confusing on the first look. Therefore my first results weren't that good, as I expected them from using the old MorphDelux plugins before. This is most likely a matter of practice, but one thing was desperately missing (or I havn't found it): The glorious "Redo" button! When trying different morph combinations, I was used to use that redo a lot. The morph "Zero" button was a good thing in the old plugin to remove the morphs on a special body region, too,, and the ability to load looks/morph sets from scene or file. Maybe you want to take this as an inspiration. I put this here to the "Discussion", not to the "Reviews", because I only had some minutes of trying your plugin and maybe I have missed something.

Gave this a try, as I normally was using the genious plugins from MorphDelux (MorphMixer and BodySwap from 2018). Your plugin has a lot more options which is great, but also a bit confusing on the first look. Therefore my first results weren't that good, as I expected them from using the old MorphDelux plugins before. This is most likely a matter of practice, but one thing was desperately missing (or I havn't found it): The glorious "Redo" button! When trying different morph combinations, I was used to use that redo a lot. The morph "Zero" button was a good thing in the old plugin to remove the morphs on a special body region, too,, and the ability to load looks/morph sets from scene or file. Maybe you want to take this as an inspiration. I put this here to the "Discussion", not to the "Reviews", because I only had some minutes of trying your plugin and maybe I have missed something.

Oh, I did not look into the morph mixer feature at the start! The reason why I needed a new plugin was that the bodyswap plugin could not separate head and body morph correctly..
Anyway, integrating the morph features with additional functionalities should be nice 😋

About the redo/undo, very basic one-step undo would be possible.I think adding multiple save/load slots should be also be useful.

Oh, I did not look into the morph mixer feature at the start! The reason why I needed a new plugin was that the bodyswap plugin could not separate head and body morph correctly..
Anyway, integrating the morph features with additional functionalities should be nice 😋

About the redo/undo, very basic one-step undo would be possible.I think adding multiple save/load slots should be also be useful.

Your plugin does a lot of things simultanous, just like the old plugin from MorphDelux did. Using this basic "undo" was great: Selecting some morph folders, click, the girl looks like a monster, click undo, try again with other features, click, still not good, click undo, aso...
I bet you could "revers engeneer" those undo function from the older plugins.

Your plugin does a lot of things simultanous, just like the old plugin from MorphDelux did. Using this basic "undo" was great: Selecting some morph folders, click, the girl looks like a monster, click undo, try again with other features, click, still not good, click undo, aso...
I bet you could "revers engeneer" those undo function from the older plugins.

You mean the reset button right? That should be quite easy, I have already wrote some code with success 😋
Now I am just developing some additional functionalities to mix partial morph, e.g. mix breast shape only.

Back
Top Bottom