Modifying ready-made characters

Revenn

Reactions
If I have downloaded a scene and want to change the appearance of the character that appears there, how to do it? Where can I find a tutorial (step by step) on how to modify existing characters that appear in ready-made scenes and how to add an additional plugin to a scene?? I'm green when it comes to VAM and I'm lost in the options, I will be grateful for your answers

In this category where you posted your question is a Frequently Asked Questions post pinned on top. Start there.

I watched tutorial videos. But it doesn't show how to overwrite an existing character. When I modify and save the character, a new copy is created. As I wrote, I want to change the appearance of the characters in the scene I downloaded, with three characters, a room, etc. I would also like to add additional mechanisms that I downloaded to this scene.

To overwrite a existing local preset you need to use the same name, the button then turns from green to red. Same thing as overwriting a file, needs to be the same name or else it's a different file,

What I do is save local appearance presets for characters I like, or modify. When I download a scene I like, I can swap that scene's appearance for one I saved that I like better. Then I just save the scene locally with those changes. Some scenes do not work like this, because the creator is loading appearance presets saved in the scene. When this is done inside the timeline, it's a big mess trying to change it. Some scenes specifically state that this is how they do it, and that you should not try to change the appearance. Others state that the look provided is generic, and you are supposed to change it. It varies.

Bottom line, there are a lot of scenes where you can freely change the appearance preset for another and everything will still work, as long as the model scale is the same, or close. You just have to save appearance presets locally, and save modified scene files locally. I do it all the time. ;)

If you want to preserve the clothes in the original scene, save a clothing preset before loading a new appearance preset. Then just load the scene's clothing preset onto the character you just changed.

Back
Top Bottom