• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

MMD VMD Player

Paid Plugins MMD VMD Player 5.3.1

zhfx

Reactions
Patreon
ZHFX
zhfx submitted a new resource:

MMD VMD Player - MMD VMD Player in VaM

Now the door to tons of MMD/VMD high quality dance motions is open for you! You will be able to play them all with corresponding musics and your favorite model in VaM with this plugin! As this is my initial patron lauch, please join me on patron early to enjoy only half the price. This initial launch offer only lasts until August 6th at 9:00 AM Central European Time.

Here you find some screenshot videos of plugin test.

[URL...

Read more about this resource...

This is really impressive. I've been using a number of VMD to BVH to VaM conversion / import tools, and all of them had shortcomings. This is the real deal; accurate (to MMD) interpolations of movement, finger movements, and accurately adjusted to the Genesis2 skeleton. Very nicely done! Definitely worth the support!

You can find a ton of MMD references on the Deviant Art (deviantart.com) website.

zhfx updated MMD VMD Player with a new update entry:

VaM MMD Player 1.0.5 is released!

This release features the following improvements:

• Optimization of motions of shoulders, arms, elbows and thumb fingers
  • All the user interface options can be triggered
  • VMD and music files are automatically loaded and saved along with the scene
  • The progress slider can be moved in playing mode
  • The progress slider displays the time length in seconds instead of percentage
  • Display issue of the play/pause button is fixed
As the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

VaM MMD Player 1.0.5 is compatible with 1.20.0.6

The latest release 1.0.5 of MMD VMD Player is compatible with VaM 1.20.0.6, 1.20.0.4 and 1.19.2.2.
If you face any issue after upgrading your VaM, please check this post patreon.com/posts/40478349 or check the FAQs in the README.txt file part of the release archive.
If you still face problems, feel free to message me on Patron.
Have fun!

VaM MMD Player 1.0.5 is compatible with 1.20.0.7

I have just finished testing the latest MMD Player version 1.0.5 on the VaM 1.20.0.7 again.

There seems to be a serious VaM bug in 1.20.0.7: When reseting the pose of the person, all plugins are also reset. But it is easy to work around this for MMD Player plugin: Just add the MMD Player plugin to any atom other than the dancing person. The MMD Player works well when being added to stationary atoms e.g. Empty Atom.

Details are described here...

VaM MMD Player 1.0.5 is compatible with 1.20.0.8

I have just finished testing the latest MMD Player version 1.0.5 on the VaM 1.20.0.8.

Everything works fine with 1.20.0.8, please just remember to re-install MMD Player once after the VaM upgrade as usual.

Details are described here https://www.patreon.com/posts/mmd-player-is-1-40478349

The MMD Player is running well with all the new VaM versions(1.20.x.x and 1.19.2.2), but you need to re/install the MMD Player everytime after upgrading the VaM as described in the readme.txt file.

Note: MMD Player issues with VaM 1.20.x.x

Dear MMD Player users,
Please be informed, a small issue has been detected in VaM 1.20: When you try to reposition the person while playing a MMD dance. The VaM 1.20 physics system gets corrupted and that leads to strange problems later until you restart VaM.
In order to avoid the strange problems, please try not to reposition the person while dancing for the moment.
This bug has been fixed in the development and the solution will be part of the upcoming major feature pack MMD Player version...

VaM MMD Player 1.1.2 is released!

If you are new to MMD Player and don't have a MMD licensen yet, please see here.

If you already have a MMD Player licese, please just download here.

MMD Player 1.1.2 features:

Action Triggers, integration with VaM Animatation Pattern

In addition to the normal mode where you just add the plugin to a person and play, MMD Player now supports expert mode now: you can manipulate the...

VaM MMD Player 1.1.4 is released!

MMD Player 1.1.4 features:

Synchronized music and motion without noise

The version 1.1.2 introduced motion-music sync which leaded to noisy music. However in version 1.1.3 an option to go back to async music is provided, a number of users are still bothered. So I quickly developed a change of the play mode from real time motion to real time audio to solve the dilemma that music motion sync versus noiseless music.

VaM MMD Player 1.1.5 is released!

MMD Player 1.1.5 features:

• Better noiseless synced motion and music
  • More smooth motion
  • Support high physics rates(70-288Hz)
  • Keyboard shortcuts(Space to play/pause and Left/Right Arrow to move forward/backward)
  • Support VaM built-in freeze-animation-sound in both normal mode and Animation Step mode
  • Problems with playing progress fixed
  • Problems after loading a new scene fixed
  • Problems with user interactions in Animation Step fixed

Hi I am very sad that you don't like this discount.
Oh, okay, let's begin, that was not the point, because if you did the "discounts" without bullshit, I wouldn't be here complaining.

I just hope you understand: in response to the some people's complain that it is too expensive, I tried already my very best to extend the price range to cover the people who are just a little insterested and don't want to pay much.

The point of the complain was that you are implying that people only need to pay 5 EUR for a license to your plugin, when in fact, they need to wait another month on your Patreon with the same license, making it so that they need in the end to pay the same exact amount of money as your 10 EUR tier for a license.

Every license has to be manually calculated so waiting a month...

Care to explain how and so? From the little I know you went the extra amount of time to make sure it'll only work on a single computer at any time, so that's really on your end of the decisions, but I don't know the rest, so I'll wait for your answer on this part.

....is very appropriate and fair for people who bought license at 20euros who are the key supporters of the development of this software from the beginning.
Let's be real here. I remember very clearly that when you launched this plugin, you did a "first supporters discount." Most of them sold out, for the "license" part. So don't even try to use the "20 euro supporters" excuse here, because if I recall correctly, you need to pay the "20 euro supporter" license once then you need to pay the update tier if you want update , you have to join the update support tier. Which means, trying to use the 20 euro supporters as a way to support your argument isn't very honest of you.

If you are so mean calculating the 5 euro ending up with 10 euro, you can still wait until Oct 1st to avoid it, right? You are just not so interested in this and you dont want to pay much, it is ok.

Nice try here. I am interested, thing is, if you want to start with tricking people with a discount, of course anyone would be at very best objected, or feel offended. So please, don't try to paint me as a detractor or anything here. Thank you.

Image annexed, evidence.

Attachments

• firefox_BDIN0r5cme.png
    firefox_BDIN0r5cme.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
Oh, okay, let's begin, that was not the point, because if you did the "discounts" without bullshit, I wouldn't be here complaining.
No, I think the bullshit is the misunderstanding you have due to the too paranoid distrust.

I just hope you understand: in response to the some people's complain that it is too expensive, I tried already my very best to extend the price range to cover the people who are just a little insterested and don't want to pay much.

The point of the complain was that you are implying that people only need to pay 5 EUR for a license to your plugin(which is correct), when in fact, they need to wait another month on your Patreon with the same license(yes, it is quite fair), making it so that they need in the end to pay the same exact amount of money as your 10 EUR tier for a license(no clue why you think so, you can very well cancel your pledge and receive the license key you ordered 4 weeks ago ).

Every license has to be manually calculated so waiting a month...
Care to explain how and so? From the little I know you went the extra amount of time to make sure it'll only work on a single computer at any time(yes, and what do you want to say?), so that's really on your end of the decisions, but I don't know the rest, so I'll wait for your answer on this part.(What answer you are wait for? Every license has to be manually generated according to machine code to avoid pirate abuse which will kill this project sooner or later, this anwser?)

....is very appropriate and fair for people who bought license at 20euros who are the key supporters of the development of this software from the beginning.
Let's be real here. I remember very clearly that when you launched this plugin, you did a "first supporters discount." Most of them sold out, for the "license" part. So don't even try to use the "20 euro supporters" excuse here, because if I recall correctly, you need to pay the "20 euro supporter" license once then you need to pay the update tier if you want update , you have to join the update support tier. Which means, trying to use the 20 euro supporters as a way to support your argument isn't very honest of you.(The very first batch of patrons joining the early-patron discount got the license at 10 euro, others bought license at standard 20 euro later, for either of them, it is unfair that now people expect getting the same license at only 5 euro without waiting. I hope it is simple enough for you to understand this argument, both the 10euro and 20euro batch of patrons are the key supporters enabling me developing this software so far, what is the problem here?)

If you are so mean calculating the 5 euro ending up with 10 euro, you can still wait until Oct 1st to avoid it, right? You are just not so interested in this and you dont want to pay much, it is ok.

Nice try here. I am interested, thing is, if you want to start with tricking people with a discount, of course anyone would be at very best objected, or feel offended. So please, don't try to paint me as a detractor or anything here. Thank you.
It is NOT a trick! As I said, you get the license you orderd 4 weeks ago no matter you are my active patron or not, I dont understand the paranoid distrust here. Even if you distrust me, you can still go around the "trick" by waiting for Oct 1st, right? Honestly from my PoV, 20 euro is just a normal lunch price for something you are really insterested, I would not think too much. If you are just a little curious, it is absolutely fine to throw 5 euro and wait to see and also fine to wait to try it at begining of next month to avoid any concern.

Image annexed, evidence.

No, I think the bullshit is the misunderstanding you have due to the too paranoid distrust.
Really now? I wish it was paranoia.

Exactly why I at a personal level I even cared about checking your plugin. And yes, I don't have much money at the moment so let's take that out of the way too.

The point of the complain was that you are implying that people only need to pay 5 EUR for a license to your plugin(which is correct), when in fact, they need to wait another month on your Patreon with the same license(yes, it is quite fair)
Listen, I get that you need to "generate manually" the licenses, but for fucks sake, a month? Listen, I am going to get it regardless if I buy, so I don't really see this factor, coupled with the "making 20 EUR patrons worth their pledge" making any sense. I get waiting, but still.

Let's be real here. I remember very clearly that when you launched this plugin, you did a "first supporters discount." Most of them sold out, for the "license" part. So don't even try to use the "20 euro supporters" excuse here, because if I recall correctly, you need to pay the "20 euro supporter" license once then you need to pay the update tier if you want update , you have to join the update support tier. Which means, trying to use the 20 euro supporters as a way to support your argument isn't very honest of you.(The very first batch of patrons joining the early-patron discount got the license at 10 euro, others bought license at standard 20 euro later, for either of them, it is unfair that now people expect getting the same license at only 5 euro without waiting. I hope it is simple enough for you to understand this argument, both the 10euro and 20euro batch of patrons are the key supporters enabling me developing this software so far, what is the problem here?)
My problem, is that before buying anything, I see well how it acts before buying anything. Had bad experiences with Patreon creators in the past, and so far it's been only red flags. The whole pricing thing, the tier bait-and-switch, so I get it, 5 EUR is not much, that doesn't mean I get to throw money like a dumb idiot.

So, tl:dr - I am being careful due to past experiences, and so far, it's not going well in your favour. Deleting replies on your Patreon, going on senseless rants if anyone criticizes the price you yourself set then backtracking on "because people paid me that value so i gotta make them", then going on a security level to make it inconvenient. I get and you have the right to defend your IP, but still, all of this just keeps on making me, and some people for that matter, less and less willing to trust you at any level.

EDIT : Formatting

OK, I want to stop this long discussion as it is waste of time. I understand you got some bad experience in the past, there are demo videos before you pay but if that still cannot convince you for trust, then please just skip this plugin when you anyway dont want to wait after paying 5 euro.

Clarification on the new discounted price

As there seems to be misunderstandings of the new discounted price options from some reviews, I updated the icon again to put it as clear as possible.
I would like to clarify once again that this discount is my sincere response to the feedback that the 20price option only before was too expensive for some players. With the new discounted options, you need to wait up to 4 weeks when paying lowest price 5, or two weeks when paying 10just because...

***Response to author's response of my review***

Most other apps/games, including VaM, don't even need to say forever or anything but they are automatically, in fact, forever. They can still be run under emulation if need be for system compatibility even in 100 years. So your response of "A forever valid license doesnot mean forever software compatible..." is meaningless. The point is we, as the users, will take care of the system compatibility ourselves and they will still work.

Your plugin? Nope.

So, as in your example of 100 years, we will be at your merci and availability to provide us with a new license file to use in our new systems. Your availability in one hundred years? Not a chance. And if you call it quit in less than a year, we will have a useless plugin that can't be used in our new systems.

You're advertising that it's forever like it's some kind of special thing while it is, in fact, quite the opposite.

As with things others have pointed out, you seem to have applied a lot of tactics, trickeries, fine prints, ... in your sales pitch. They obviously have backfired on you. Your customers aren't fools.

***Response to author's response of my review***

Most other apps/games, including VaM, don't even need to say forever or anything but they are automatically, in fact, forever. They can still be run under emulation if need be for system compatibility even in 100 years. So your response of "A forever valid license doesnot mean forever software compatible..." is meaningless. The point is we, as the users, will take care of the system compatibility ourselves and they will still work.

Your plugin? Nope.

So, as in your example of 100 years, we will be at your merci and availability to provide us with a new license file to use in our new systems. Your availability in one hundred years? Not a chance. And if you call it quit in less than a year, we will have a useless plugin that can't be used in our new systems.

You're advertising that it's forever like it's some kind of special thing while it is, in fact, quite the opposite.

As with things others have pointed out, you seem to have applied a lot of tactics, trickeries, fine prints, ... in your sales pitch. They obviously have backfired on you. Your customers aren't fools.
The term "foreever valid license" is exactly for you to understand the difference to VaM license: VaM license is not forever valid, because the 1.19 key cannot be used for 1.20. MMD Player license key can be used for 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and so on. That is it. It is saying the validity of the license not the software. It doesnt have to be related to how long you will run this software. I dont understand why you make so many discussions on this term and why you think it implies you can run the software forever by that.
Well, I tried to listen to every feedback and changed price options accordingly. There is so far no known customer complaining, all complaints are from not-yet-customers, it is usual for paid content and never mind.

Last edited:
The term "foreever valid license" is exactly for you to understand the difference to VaM license: VaM license is not forever valid, because the 1.19 key cannot be used for 1.20. MMD Player license key can be used for 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and so on. That is it. It is saying the validity of the license not the software. It doesnt have to be related to how long you will run this software. I dont understand why you make so many discussions on this term and why you think it implies you can run the software forever by that.
Well, I tried to listen to every feedback and changed price options accordingly. There is so far no known customer complaining, all complaints are from not-yet-customers, it is usual for paid content and never mind.
For technical meanings of those terms, you are probably right.

However, with customer interests in mind, let me point out some obvious facts.

How do I get VaM's current version? I pay $8. A valid key is included.

How do I get your current version? I pay €5, if I have already paid €20, minimum, for what you would call a license fee.

So, since a valid key is included when I update VaM, AND I still need to pay every time anyway (in addition to the initial license fee,) to get your current version, what you said about VaM keys not being forever (your meaning) was irrelevant.

Let's face it. Your customers don't want that security layer that limits their use of the plugin that they have paid for. You want it (because it benefits you.) Okay, make them install it if they really want to use your plugin. Fair enough. But now you also want them to pay for it too? Forcing down their throat that security layer that benefits you but limits them, and make them pay €20 extra for it?

Now that's funny.

Last edited:
For technical meanings of those terms, you are probably right.

However, with customer interests in mind, let me point out some obvious facts.

How do I get VaM's current version? I pay $8. A valid key is included.

How do I get your current version? I pay €5, if I have already paid €20, minimum, for what you would call a license fee.

So, since a valid key is included when I update VaM, AND I still need to pay every time anyway (in addition to the initial license fee,) to get your current version, what you said about VaM keys not being forever (your meaning) was irrelevant.

Let's face it. Your customers don't want that security layer that limits their use of the plugin that they have paid for. You want it (because it benefits you.) Okay, make them install it if they really want to use your plugin. Fair enough. But now you also want them to pay for it too? Forcing down their throat that security layer that benefits you but limits them, and make them pay €20 extra for it?

Now that's funny.
Hi I would like to end this long discussion if it is just about license and price. I would like to put it in short: Software license bound to one PC is very normal and usual, no need to discuss much here. I have no interest comparing this plugin to VaM itself, it is far away different. As long as it is transparent, most paying customers are ok with the security layer, sure some people especially people expecting free stuff don't like it. This security layer you don't like is designed to protect the software from being pirated thus preventing the little project being killed soon by piracy. You will see in long term this project gets very well maintained before it gets hacked and pirated.

VaM MMD Player 1.2.0 is released!

MMD Player 1.2.0 features:

Options to Bake VMD Motion

You can bake VMD motion before playing it to ensure smooth motion during the play. You can choose from 1x sample rate up to 10x sample rate. The higher sample rate you choose, the more smooth motion play will be and the more time baking process will take. If you find a motion play is too smooth e.g. the body of dancer looks melting like butter, please try different physics rate settings on VaM User Preference tab.

Multiple...

Is there a FAQ or support forum that might have tutorials on the use of this plug-in? I'm having issues with the model not animating the feet and legs after loading and playing the VMD file (which seems to work fine in MMD).

VaM MMD Player 2.0.0 is released!

MMD Player 2.0.0 features:

Significant User Interface Improvements

This 2.0.0 release is a big disruptive upgrade from 1.x versions. User interface has been significantly redesigned to support loading folder, and multi-dancer settings.

Multiple Dancers with different motions

Different vmd files can be assigned to multiple dancers. You still just need to add the plugin only once to any atom in the scene, the plugin controls centrally all the motions of different people in...

Back
Top Bottom