• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Resource icon

Plugins Microphone Audio Source 1

lfe

Featured Contributor
Reactions
lfe submitted a new resource:

Microphone Audio Source - Your Microphone can make sound now too

😍 Like this? Consider gifting the community a creation in my name or even a private gift to me.
* I choose not to have a Patreon (love all you who do)

Microphone Audio Source

This plugin will let you choose a Microphone and will send the audio from that microphone to the AudioSource on the Atom that you add this to.

It works well with the Lip Sync plugin.

Example:
  • Add this script to a Person
  • Add the...

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure what's wrong, but anytime I select a microphone VaM just hangs and never recovers. I'm putting the plugins in the person in the order you suggest and selecting the mic after both are in. All is fine until I select a microphone from the dropdown. Whatever I pick it just freezes. Is there a setting I should look for to make this work?

I'm not sure what's wrong, but anytime I select a microphone VaM just hangs and never recovers. I'm putting the plugins in the person in the order you suggest and selecting the mic after both are in. All is fine until I select a microphone from the dropdown. Whatever I pick it just freezes. Is there a setting I should look for to make this work?
I've solved it by changing the microphone in the Windows setting to the actual microphone I'm using. There was another one, that doesn't work and VAM was freezing with it too.

Ok so I wanted something like this so that I could pipe my Spotify into an Audio Source with spatial audio in VR. Extended this plugin a little (make it work on any atom with an Audio Source, better sample rate selection, ...) and fixed the bug that would make VaM hang when there is a microphone capturing error. Everything was good. It worked.

Then I noticed that Audio Sources have a "Start Microphone Input" button now which does the same thing and which I somehow managed to ignore until now 🥲

... Anyway ... 😂 if anyone needs something like this and for some reason can't use the VaM built-in function (or needs to see how to do it) ... here you go. Feel free to integrate this @lfe although I'm not sure there is a point to it now.

Edit: Ok arguably you do get to choose the microphone input which VaM will not let you do. I just noticed Windows switches the mic input to the VR headset by default when you turn that on, so this is actually kind of useful for my edge case. Phew.

Attachments

• MicAudioSource.cs
    4.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom